THREE PICS FOR C AND C

MHRISH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
THE PICTURES ARE OK. I WOULD LIKE TO ADDRESS OTHER ISSUES THOUGH.

1. YOUR USE OF CAPS LOCK, IS ABUNDANT. MAKING ME CRINGE AT EVERY OTHER WORD THAT IS NOT A PROPER NOUN OR BEGINNING OF A SENTENCE.

2. YOU DO ACID. I CAN TELL FROM PICTURE 1 & 2. GET HELP.

3. ALSO, BEING THAT I CAN DELIVER 6 WINGS, BREADSTICKS, AND A MEDIUM PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF MY ROOM COMPLETELY NAKY MEANS THAT I ALSO EXPECT THE SAME COMFORT WHEN VIEWING PHOTOS ON THIS FORUM. NO MORE CLICKY LINKY.

BOOM.

They look pretty good, although not extremely well composed. The technical side is good though. Pretty good shot for low carnival lighting and the long exposure on the water came out nice. I think if you put a little more planning into what you're taking pictures of you could produce some nice results if you're able to stay consistent with your exposure, etc..

For number two...
I think if the river was centered more in the picture it would be better also... It's kind of to the right and cuts off near the corner.

Also to post pictures so they come up on the post rather than having links which you have to click to get to them:

or

Click
insertimage.gif
and paste the direct picture link in the box.

Great shots otherwise. :D

THE PICTURES ARE OK. I WOULD LIKE TO ADDRESS OTHER ISSUES THOUGH.

1. YOUR USE OF CAPS LOCK, IS ABUNDANT. MAKING ME CRINGE AT EVERY OTHER WORD THAT IS NOT A PROPER NOUN OR BEGINNING OF A SENTENCE.

2. YOU DO ACID. I CAN TELL FROM PICTURE 1 & 2. GET HELP.

3. ALSO, BEING THAT I CAN DELIVER 6 WINGS, BREADSTICKS, AND A MEDIUM PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF MY ROOM COMPLETELY NAKY MEANS THAT I ALSO EXPECT THE SAME COMFORT WHEN VIEWING PHOTOS ON THIS FORUM. NO MORE CLICKY LINKY.

BOOM.

Pure perfection in a post. :thumbup:

Thank you to those of you who gave helpful and honest feedback. I apologize for use of caps lock and for not posting my pictures correctly. That was a product of trying to figure out how to post without having enough time to spend at the computer, but that is not a good excuse. Anyhow, I look foward to posting in the future in order to try to improve at the hobby I love. Also to fatboy and the other guy, I am not on acid.

Give a first time poster a break.
He is a fast learner, look at his second post. I am surprised he even posted again.

MHRISH-The image with the stream is very nice. One thing that is hurting it though is the overexposed sunlight at the top of the frame. Because the eye tends to drift naturally to light areas in a scene, this competes with the main point of your photo, the stream (good shutter speed selection). Three things you can do...either tilt your camera angle down to include more water and framing the washed out light out of the frame. Second you could expose closer to a middle ground and use your shadow/highlight tool in Photoshop to bring the two exposures together. This could also be done using the merge to HDR tool in Photoshop, but requires 5-9 bracketed frames. Finally, you could frame it as you have it and simply wait for the sun to go lower. You have talent and I believe you would benefit from taking some key photo workshops. There are many good companies out there. The key in choosing is "who is teaching" You want instructors with great credentials. Of course, I'm partial to my company. Good Luck!

Kevin V.
www.texasphotoworkshops.com

Thank you Texas Photo. That is the type input I need to help me improve. My pp skills are nonexistent. I am beginning to be able to see some of the issues you mention, but have not figured out how to correct them yet. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

He is a fast learner, look at his second post. I am surprised he even posted again.

:lol: Fair enough, his second post is legible, thus I shall participate in a respectful fashion.

I think Texas Photo nailed it pretty well.

I would add, that #1 seems boring because of the perspective, get lower and try giving the carnival ride a more heroic perspective. This would also help to eliminate the background action (blur). See if you can jump the fence and get that out of the foreground too, it would be more inviting.

#2 is quite attractive, but I'd like to be closer to the water. Same shot, but 2-3 feet lower, which would also cut out some of the blown out sun/trees in the background, and would fill more of the frame with the creek. I like the shutter speed used as it creates the softness in the water that's very calming.

#3 is a nice action portrait, no distracting background and moody light on the subject. I'd also add that the WB seems a bit off. I know concert lights are yellow-ish like that, but maybe tone it down a bit (if you shot RAW). Not a HUGE deal, just nit-picking a bit.

:thumbup:

Last edited:

He needed it. Look how good he's being.

Keep it up!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back