jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, it really wasn't all that dirty, but I liked the title... Hummingbirds are back at the feeder, and I caught a couple of shots from my work space. I work from home permanently now, and the hummingbird feeder is my view, along with the bird feeder. Note to self, clean the feeder, don't want sick birds.

1 Sigma 150-600mm w/x1.4 extender. f/9.0 1/2000 ISO 1250 @840mm ( I love this Sigma lens!) Anna's Hummingbird
apr13202201 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 Same specs as 1 Anna's Humminbird on takeoff
apr13202202 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

3 600mm Ruby Throated Hummingbird in the shadow of the feeder
apr13202203 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

4 600mm Ruby Throated Hummingbird in the shadow of the feeder savoring the sweetness of the nectar...
apr13202204 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Wish I had them out my window. Only pooping gulls for me🙄😂

Very nice set, Jeff, love the color. Be sure and clean the crumb tray on your camera, too. :wink-6:
Thanks! I got the new self-cleaning toaster-cam, so I don't have to do that anymore. :D
Wish I had them out my window. Only pooping gulls for me🙄😂
We have gulls, but not near the house. Usually we have ringbilled gulls, but I saw some black-headed gulls the other day, so I will go down to the lake tomorrow and see if I can get some shots.
Through a window? I wish our windows were so clean..... :icon_eek:
I have a cleaner clean the windows for me... I think it's either personality three or personality four...

Thanks! I got the new self-cleaning toaster-cam, so I don't have to do that anymore. :D

We have gulls, but not near the house. Usually we have ringbilled gulls, but I saw some black-headed gulls the other day, so I will go down to the lake tomorrow and see if I can get some shots.

I have a cleaner clean the windows for me... I think it's either personality three or personality four...
Don't bother on my behalf. Bleedin' sky rats.😄

Great set!
Since they have a habitual feeding place, you could set it up great for photos. Ideally you could shoot through an open window. You also have control over the BG, and lighting by controlling nearby reflective surfaces. Well placed branches for perching off the feeder. They will also tolerate a camera on a tripod. Use a remote and get some close ups, but no flash!

Nice set. I like #2 the best.

Great set!
Since they have a habitual feeding place, you could set it up great for photos. Ideally you could shoot through an open window. You also have control over the BG, and lighting by controlling nearby reflective surfaces. Well placed branches for perching off the feeder. They will also tolerate a camera on a tripod. Use a remote and get some close ups, but no flash!
Thanks! They actually tolerated me standing not too far from the feeder last year. I plan on sitting out on a chair on a nice, sunny afternoon to get some nice shots. Last year I use a 400mm lens, but this year I have a 600mm lens, and an x1.4 teleconverter, so I can sit a little further away, and should get some nice shots. Really hoping to get a nicely illuminated shot of the Ruby Throated Hummingbird. I also have Anna's and Black-chinned visiting.
Nice set. I like #2 the best.
Thanks! I like that one as well, and it was pure luck that I got it launching off the feeder.

Most reactions

Back