KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Mid-day, right after a heavy rain. The lens was Nikon's AF 24-85 mm f/2.8-4D @ 35mm, in macro mode (1:2), mounted on a Nikon D300.
  • Shutter 1/320 sec
  • Aperture f/11
  • ISO 200
  • Pop-up flash set to 1/4 power.
TigerLilysPopup7-12-10_0110.jpg

I really like this, but it leaves me wishing for more green on the right hand side rather than the OOF house/barn/something.

It's a good picture though IMO! :thumbup:

Yep, looks like flowers lit by popup flash alright.

To me they look like those alien pods we always see in the sci fi thrillers. Maybe my mind has gone but thats all I see.:confused:

I thought you can't control how much power popup flash will use? You can only set exposure compensation up to +/- 5 but regular popup flash doesn't let you set itself to flash at a lower intensity.

Unless I am missing something?

I thought you can't control how much power popup flash will use? You can only set exposure compensation up to +/- 5 but regular popup flash doesn't let you set itself to flash at a lower intensity.

You can on Nikon,same button that pops-up the flash,can be used to adjust the flash power

oh and i find the photo enjoyable to look at,and like the bg as is .Gives perspective,and causes the viewer to spend more time gazing ,trying to figure out the whole photo,if that makes sense?

I like it just because I'm a fan of tiger lilies. Our are due out within the next couple of weeks.

On my D300, with it set to manual mode, I can adjust the power output of the built-in flash from Full to 1/128 power.

It's on page 140 of your users manual.

Last edited:
...The lens was Nikon's AF 24-85 mm f/2.8-4D...

Can you elaborate more about this lens? I'm actually debating if I should give it a try. I'm not very happy with my AF 28-200 D, and wanted a new midrange zoom. I can get it for $450. What do you think?

Nice picture BTW, but I think it needs a soft box or at least a diffuser to that flash.

...The lens was Nikon's AF 24-85 mm f/2.8-4D...

Can you elaborate more about this lens? I'm actually debating if I should give it a try. I'm not very happy with my AF 28-200 D, and wanted a new midrange zoom. I can get it for $450. What do you think?

Nice picture BTW, but I think it needs a soft box or at least a diffuser to that flash.
The whole point of making the photo was to use the pop-up, as is.

New, the AF 24-85 mm f/2.8-4D is $700, at B&H Photo Video.

I think the market value of a used copy of the lens is totally dependent on it's condition, and how motivated the seller is.

At $450 I would expect the lens to be well used (70% of new condition), but fully functional, and with clear glass (no scratches/dings in front or rear lens elements).

it does look like alien flower :) But I don't like the flash color.

Most reactions

Back