Tilted lines in buildings

I tried but I couldn't get the center to push in right. So I used the perspective tool. I need to study up on its use I suppose.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I tried but I couldn't get the center to push in right. So I used the perspective tool. I need to study up on its use I suppose.

If it helps, I'll let you in on a little secret..... the pumps aren't plumb. They tilt away from each other.

The shutters on the windows ARE plumb.

Sent from the Droid you're not looking for.

If it helps, I'll let you in on a little secret..... the pumps aren't plumb. They tilt away from each other.

The shutters on the windows ARE plumb.

Sent from the Droid you're not looking for.
So, the photo is correct?

As far as I can tell. The pumps lean away from each other. If I straighten them out, the shutters end up leaning IN towards each other.

As far as I can tell. The pumps lean away from each other. If I straighten them out, the shutters end up leaning IN towards each other.
Concur; looks like each pump is about 1.5 degrees out of plumb.

With old buildings (Lincoln, where I live, has many buildings around 1000 years old) it is quite normal for there to be actual leaning which you should not correct for. For example, Lincoln Cathedral has a severe list in one of the West Towers and the Stonebow in the city centre has three pillars pointing in different directions.

My point here is that you should look carefully at your subject before deciding you need to do directions.

Sent from my A1-840 using Tapatalk

Good point

Most reactions

Back