Time for some "real" opinions.

TMC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I only been at this a short while and of course my family thinks any picture that is 50% in focus is "GREAT". So I decided to throw this out there and get some real criticism. Please bear in mind that I am 100% self taught and have only read a couple books and popped a lot of pics in a short amount of time. Really excited to hear opinions because I can see a real opportunity to grow as a artist/photographer. Thanks in advance.

P.S> First time uploading a image here and I had to resize this image 10 times to get it under the limit to upload so the quality may have suffered. If so i will look into fixing it tomorrow as my brain is fried tonight.:oops:

Attachments

• $DS6_2069.jpg
    $DS6_2069.jpg
    846.7 KB · Views: 129
Looks good to me! im at work so my monitors not calibrated so i cant really comment on the color of the image. the only thing i would say is the shirt doesnt suit the picture very well. If she had a nice top on to match that hat it would have made the picture more interesting. just my .02

It appears to be in focus from here.

Good pose, good frame, good background.

The shadows are hurting this shot.

Doesnt look half bad. If you're going for that school portrait look, try putting another light behind her on the right as a rim light.

thanks for the comments. they all are appreciated. i agree the shirt is not ideal. this is my neice and the whole thing was kinda spur of the moment when my new strobes arrived, so no planning was done as far as clothing is concerned. We basically did a scavenger hunt for stuff to get it done. :guilty: Tom i agree with you about the school portrait look, something I wanna work away from but pretty much all I knew how to do. definitly gonna add another light next time, rim light as Tom suggested. thanks so much everyone. That was alot less painless than I thought it would be. :lol:

Like the expression and the catch light in the eyes. Like the hat, but maybe bounce a little light to bring out the shadows

P.S> First time uploading a image here and I had to resize this image 10 times to get it under the limit to upload so the quality may have suffered. If so i will look into fixing it tomorrow as my brain is fried tonight.:oops:

Open a flickr account and link the pictures from there.

Most reactions

Back