Time Lapse

Anubis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bryanmansell.co.uk
I downloaded some software to make time lapse videos yesterday, and set my camera up at the bedroom window.

This is the result (or at least the highly compressed youtube version thereof :p )

Its made of single shots taken every 45 seconds for 3 hours using Camera Control Pro 2. I then resize them using a bit of software who's name eludes me right now (its on a different PC) and then turn in into a video using nimisis flix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is another video, this one is of my lava lamp heating up...

Same processes as before with images 30 seconds apart this time.

The camera has been pointed at a dandelion in my back garden since 10am this morning, so that is 6 hours of shots 1 minute apart.

I'll stick it up when it is finished.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. I would like to do this one a plant that my mother has in her garden. But, I will not let my cam be out there for such a long time. hehehehe

Cool. What is your camera and what is the time lapse software?

My camera is a Nikon D70s. I use Nikon's Camera Control Pro 2 software (free trial) to control the timing of shots and nimisis flix to convert them into AVIs.

Thanks for doing that. For some reason, it strikes me as true art (I've never said that before) for the passion and mood which it elicits. Maybe I'm just tired...but I needed that...thanks again.

ps adding music was the icing.

Thanks Paul!

Adding the soundtrack just seemed to complete the video for me. I even added some titles so the music would last a little longer. :)

I have a few more ideas for subjects, although I don't think anything will eb as emotive as clouds.

I'll post them up as I complete them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back