What's new

Time Tilt

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Playing with extreme angles, would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for taking a look :)

 
Pix. Just a thought. I looked closely at this in a large format. One thing stuck me , if you could have shot that at.
Ten-twenty, the hands on the clock would mimic the building line. JmHO. Later Ed
 
Thanks Ed, damn you are right! Totally picked the wrong time ;) If I'm in town around 10:20pm I'll be sure to shoot it again, eventually it will happen!
 
Great Scot Marty! (anyone else think of Back to the Future when you saw this?)

I like the composition and look, I even like the grain in it, I agree with oldhippy on shooting at a different time for the hands to echo the building structure. it also looks a little soft to me, might just be due to the grain, but still...
 
Thanks for your thoughts Aloicious. I didn't think Back to the Future until you said it, now I want to name it "Clock Tower" lol!
 
I saw the BTTF clock tower the instant I saw this too. 10:04 would be more accurate, but I'd be on the lookout for lightning.

That angle took me a moment to understand. After a moment, I got it, but it still makes a pretty cool abstract. GREAT SCOT
 
Where did you park the DeLorean, Judi?
 
Lol you guys are awesome :)

Derrel, Doc ran up the road to McDonald's, he will be back before 10 ;)
 
Thinking about the clock hands is an excellent suggestion, although there are, it seems to me, several times that would make for interesting relationships.

Also consider the relationship within the frame between the clock face and that small.. doorway? opening? window? lower left.
 
Thanks Andrew, the hands are definitely on my radar for future shots like this, care to expand your thoughts a little on the doorway/clock relationship?
 
Basically, I think this would work a little better if a line drawn from the center of the clock face to the center of the doorway passed through the center of the frame. I think there are a bunch of ways to achieve this, and i think the result would feel more balanced.

The brickwork is trying to balance the clock, but to my eye at any rate, the clock/doorway relationship feels stronger somehow.
 
Thanks :) I see what you are saying now, I think that relationship will either enhance the "which way is back/front?" feeling or eliminate it totally and create a more grounded composition, I can't quiiiite figure out what the outcome will be, I shall carry that forward!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom