Time to retire P&S

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Well, I decided to start carrying a DSLR when I go on my normal travels for work. Had been carrying a Nikon Coolpix 8700. So, I just ordered a D40x for work travels. I didn't want to spend alot as it could get broken or stolen. And I think the D40x fit the bill. Hoping it will be a bit better than the coolpix in low light.

Now need to decide on a lens. Not looking for absolute best. Think I am going to get one of the all in one lenses. Probably third party lens to keep cost down. Was thinking of Tamron 18-270. Just want the camera, 1 lens, and 1 flash to carry.

Have D300's (his and her's now) for normal home and personal travel use.

On the subject about getting you stuff stolen I purchased a personal article insurance policy the covers all of my camera stuff for like $4 a month. Please someone come steal my **** my policy has 0 deductible. Someone please steal my bag with all of my shat I will have a newer, better, faster camera by the end of the week.

On the subject about getting you stuff stolen I purchased a personal article insurance policy the covers all of my camera stuff for like $4 a month. Please someone come steal my **** my policy has 0 deductible. Someone please steal my bag with all of my shat I will have a newer, better, faster camera by the end of the week.

Can you tell us the company and/or details of the coverage?

I'd definately spend $4/mo to cover my stuff...

Most reactions

Back