Time to Sow

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Usually when I'm doing my black and white conversions I try to avoid obvious sepia, it always appears to me like its trying too hard to be "something" but this one seemed to be elevated by the sepia tones, it brought a "brightness" that the straight conversion lacked.
Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

IMG_2529bw-1000 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

it fits the image. But why you always messing with the amish people?

Thanks Bri :) Well, I'm not sure I'm always messing with them but I'm curating my archive for some showings I have coming up and under consideration is a set about the Mennonites in the area, they very much contribute to the "feel" of where I live so while I don't necessarily mess with them a lot I've been working with images of them a lot as of late ;)

Thanks Bri :) Well, I'm not sure I'm always messing with them but I'm curating my archive for some showings I have coming up and under consideration is a set about the Mennonites in the area, they very much contribute to the "feel" of where I live so while I don't necessarily mess with them a lot I've been working with images of them a lot as of late ;)
lol. nice pic

My cousin is one in penn. They despise pics. I wouldn't take one of them just out of respect. Even when he came up for thanksgiving a couple years ago i asked him first, knowing they are kind of particular that way. On the other hand, i know some kind of a quaker group that seems to invite tourists in to sell stuff and give tours (yeah, go figure). I plan on spending a couple hours this summer shooting to my hearts content. They asked for it. LOL!!

awe....I guess I misread the title...

I thought I had some sewing machine portrait competition.

are the buildings a little....tilted? or is it just me?

hey, it has some light around the building framing too from the processing. But i liked the pic anyway. Consider me a sucker for pixel rabbit

I understand that some populations of the Mennonite/Amish have differing opinions on photography, talking to the locals the only issue they have is if they actually pose for the shot, that creates a graven image (an image to idolize) and even getting a picture taken for a drivers license is an issue but images taken while they are at work, or they aren't aware it is being taken/not posing are cool. I would never try to get their attention or get in their face and I have deleted images where that has happened by accident. I have a grand total of 16 images of them from 3.5 years shooting and I believe the people are essentially unidentifiable in all but 2 shots.

I understand that some populations of the Mennonite/Amish have differing opinions on photography, talking to the locals the only issue they have is if they actually pose for the shot, that creates a graven image (an image to idolize) and even getting a picture taken for a drivers license is an issue but images taken while they are at work, or they aren't aware it is being taken/not posing are cool. I would never try to get their attention or get in their face and I have deleted images where that has happened by accident. I have a grand total of 16 images of them from 3.5 years shooting and I believe the people are essentially unidentifiable in all but 2 shots.
that's why i like you. How considerate you are.

Edit: shoot, i have been tempted to become one. How much more simple life would be.........

hey, it has some light around the building framing too from the processing. But i liked the pic anyway. Consider me a sucker for pixel rabbit

Pix, lol, o not e! ;) Ahhh the buildings, they are as straight as they can be I think, I straightened by the corner of the building on the left but as you go out to the edges they go off by a bit, I could straighten it forever and it would still have a bit of an "off kilter" feel methinks lol

Bri, damn, I didnt' even notice the light until you mentioned it! I'm thinking it is the filter I used to darken the white blah sky a bit... booo!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back