Timelapse probs.

JamesX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Having had a recent brush with (unnecessary) Timers, I was moved to try out the "Timelapse" function on the GH5. So I looked in all the usual places, and watched all the videos, and followed all the instructions to the letter. But nothing seems to happen. I set all the settings, then press the shutter button, and there's a clunk and the viewfinder goes dark. No sounds or signs of activity are emitted after that.

I must be doing something wrong, but I haven't a clue what it is.

Anybody used this function, and can kindly give me some tips, please?

Thanks. :)

Hi a bit of info on the kit you are using and what you are trying to do will help.
I did time lapse photography by taking a series of images at a set time apart then turning it into a video
Your description sounds like you have used the build or shutter open
A method I have also used
Please tell me more of what you are trying to achieve

9BDC299B-63E3-4E55-8EE6-72EE1CAAD894.jpeg
FB17F780-4451-452C-9953-B6E3C9BB3765.jpeg
9BDC299B-63E3-4E55-8EE6-72EE1CAAD894.jpeg
FB17F780-4451-452C-9953-B6E3C9BB3765.jpeg
The light circuits shutter open on bulb time lapse
The other pic a shutter open using a flash on strobe

Hi a bit of info on the kit you are using and what you are trying to do will help.
I did time lapse photography by taking a series of images at a set time apart then turning it into a video
Your description sounds like you have used the build or shutter open
A method I have also used
Please tell me more of what you are trying to achieve

Hello, Katomi. I'm using a Panasonic GH5. As you no doubt know, it has an intervalometer as one of its functions. I wanted to experiment with that, mostly just to see how good it was. Once I get the hang of it, I'd like to do star skies and maybe plants growing, etc.. I have several plants in my yard which open and close with the day/night.

According to the Manual, all you have to do is set the Drive Mode to the Time Lapse position, select your preferred Camera Mode, then go to Time Lapse/Animation in the Menu and set the start time, interval, and number of pictures you want. Once you've done that, you press the shutter button and the camera's supposed to start taking photos one by one at the selected interval.
When I did all that, and pressed the button, there was a clunk from the camera and the viewfinder went black, and nothing seemed to be happening. Now, maybe that's what's supposed to happen... maybe you only get to see your sequence of photos after the process has finished. I don't know. That's why I'm hoping someone here has done this before and can give me some tips.

Your pix are fascinating. Once I get this right, I think I'll try something like that, too. :)

Well, I don't know what I did, but somehow I managed to get the camera to start a timelapse sequence. I suspect it was just a matter of holding down the shutter button a bit, instead of just hitting it. So, away we go!

Hiya clad that you are sorted
I use canon 600d with an add on kit for time lapse
So my set up sequence is way different to yours. Have fun

Most reactions

New Topics

Back