Tiny dancer

mitsugirly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a few of my daughter I took the other day.

4006781977_c6264b562f.jpg

4006781933_3e48349593.jpg

4006781903_5e3e5e1091.jpg

4007548370_46da6fd5bf.jpg

4007548322_5ae65a07c0.jpg

4006781795_ac3ff525ea.jpg

Your dd really is super adorable! =) The 4th one is my favorite.

You've posted a bunch of times using this same set up...and if you're tired of me giving the same CC, please just ignore me...or tell me to shut up. I won't be offended. But, really the wrinkled background and plexiglass lines are distracting. White is a really difficult background to work with, especially when using cloth and not seamless paper. Without a dedicated light, it's harder to prevent it from looking gray or yellow, and the wrinkles only emphasize it...it's not as bad in #4, but in #5, it's more difficult to stay focused on your dd, without my eyes wandering to the edge of the plexiglass and then up the backdrop.

No, you can comment all you want. That's how I learn.

I know what you mean about the wrinkles. I bought this muslin and was so disappointed with it. I couldn't believe the wrinkles it produces. It's really huge (I think like a 20 x 30) and I've tried washing it, using the wrinkle free on the dryer, I've tried ironing it...I even took it outside on the deck one day, set it up on the backdrop holder and hosed it down and let it dry that way. But it's so big that it's hard to work with. I was just starting out with my slr and wasn't aware of the seamless paper at the time. I did buy some light stands, an umbrella and the set up came with a few lights...however, the lights do nothing for the pics. They are just too dim. Plus with this many wrinkles, it would probably just create shadows around the big wrinkles. I can't win. (Also, that's real glass, super heavy and is from my daughters dining room table that we took down to store in the basement. lol I kept the glass since I didn't have any plexiglass. I'm hoping to get some of the reflective mirror glass one day.)

Oh, I took some of my grandson the other day...I think I've figured out a few extra things on processing to take out some of the grays, yellows and oranges-which is what I get from the picture before processing. I'll post those later today and you can tell me what you think of them and if they are any better. Of course, I can't do anything about the wrinkles still. :(

you have a grandson? No way!!!!! =) ok...it is a little photo, but you look too young to be a grandma!

and real glass? WOW...wth didn't I think of that? we have an old coffee table that has a glass top. I have a piece of plexiglass but it scratches easily.

Hmm...I see what you mean about the muslin being a pest...what if you cut it? Kinda defeats the purpose, though, having a big piece. What about those hand held steamers? Maybe bring her wayyyyy forward and open up a little more, so that the wrinkles are at least more OOF?

Yep, I have a grandson and a granddaughter. We were all pregnant at the same time. lol It was a lot of fun. I look young for my age...so I'm told. It's in the gene's.

Yea, I decided to dedicate my 2 extra rooms in the front of the house (the extra living room and dining room) to my "in home studio". So I had her take her dining room table out and thought...you know what, I should use that huge piece of glass for pictures. It's SUPER HEAVY, but thank goodness I don't have to move it too far.

Yes, I've thought about moving her out further away from the muslin. When I took all these pictures, I actually took the time to completely move the backdrops and holder to the opposite side of the room so that we would be facing the several windows I have in the room instead of the light being on the side. That kinda limited the amount of space I had to back up in the room. I'll have to keep trying it. I'm sure I could have backed it up some. I just forgot when I did these.

I really don't want to cut the muslin. I bought it so big so that I could do full body shots of adults. I've used it several times with my oldest daughter and if I cut it, it would be useless to me for those shots. I do have a black one as well the same size. At least I don't have to worry about it as much. It doesn't show the wrinkles as bad.

I can't wait until I can get some seamless paper. :D My world will rock then. :lmao:

wow...that must be super fun! =) It's nice having a big family.

Yes...seamless is awesome! =) I'm sure you'll love it.

I like your last image, it's nice and clean.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back