tiny interview problem...

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ooops... I've found an annoucement in local paper that a small movie production company (weddings and stuff) was looking for "young, creative people, who enjoy film editing, and know Adobe Premiere"... well... I sent my CV there...
1. I am young
2. I consider myself a bit creative
3. I DO like film production - directing, editing...)
4. I have played a lot with Premiere, with all my holidays movies.

That's why I sent my cv... and today I got an email inviting me for an interview on monday...with a small post scriptum note... "please bring your edited movies"!!!! Holy crap! Do you think it is a good idea to take my holiday movies?!?!?! I don't think so! HELP! I need ideas what to do now!

ouch!

I'd assume the content wouldn't be an issue here. They just want to see your editing skills.
What other options do you have? Can you make/edit a small movie before Monday?

Either way, don't show up for the interview empty handed.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Bring them... just make sure that you definately pick only a couple you are comfortable with showing, and that your editing was the best in. You are selling yourself, not your movies...

Good luck with this, Mentos! It sounds very exciting.

Definitely take the best of the lot with you, where you had to do some creative editing. They don't care about content, like danalec said - they want to see how you edited. I think you have a great chance, you know the program, and you should make a great impression. :D

danalec99 said:
I'd assume the content wouldn't be an issue here. They just want to see your editing skills.
What other options do you have? Can you make/edit a small movie before Monday?

Either way, don't show up for the interview empty handed.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Dan, I am able to do a video/music clip for example, with sequences from my holidays and music ... for example from song. But here I think that plot joining skills are more important than a few short joined sequences... dunno...
maybe... I shouldn't go at all?! It is the last month of my holidays...

mentos_007 said:
Dan, I am able to do a video/music clip for example, with sequences from my holidays and music ... for example from song. But here I think that plot joining skills are more important than a few short joined sequences... dunno...
maybe... I shouldn't go at all?! It is the last month of my holidays...
If you're at all interested, of course you should go. ;)

I say go for it! You've got nothing to lose and a lot to gain.

I say go for it! As others have already said, it the editing they'll be looking for, content isn't important. Take a movie of whatever you you're up to this weekend and let your talent do the talking!

Chris

Yup, don't skip the chance. :D

Most reactions

Back