Tips for Flora and Landscape

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We have our first film photography shoot next week, and I was wondering for some general tips on shooting any landscape or flora. We're using 35 mm lens. Our teacher's not expecting much, but I would like to get any opinions from any people who are experienced with photographing these subjects.

Thanks!

bump? any tips would be appreciated!

Landscape: Set your aperture @ f16 & f16 on your depth of field scale @ infinity as seen below. With a 35mm lens you will have everything from about 4' to infinity in reasonable focus.

P1070532sm.jpg

That is how this shot was done:

P1070356sm.jpg

I used a CPL filter to highlight the sky.

Tips for landscape photography.

This is very broad topic, there are thousands of books, and countless hours of reading online about landscape photography.
It will be very difficult to give you few tips, if you have never done any serious photography except for portraits with compact camera.

1. In landscape photography always use tripod.

When shooting landscapes sometimes light is not very strong, the best work can be done during the sunset and sunrise, probably %80 of professional landscape fotos are done at sunset since not a lot of people like to wake up in the morning and look for the locations. During this time light is very subtle the best for photographing but you mush USE TRIPOD.

2. Fine art landscape photography

You have to learn a little bit about composition. You can read about it or take classes, this do not have to be photography , can be any introductory art class will help and explain what are the basic rules in composition of your photograph. This is pretty important, you may have a talent to see beautiful things but you need help with expressing it on the paper.

Couple simple rules:

Do not look in the center of the photo, LOOK AT THE EDGES. This is help you focus your mind in including what you like and excluding what you do not like.

Do not place the horizon line right in the center of the photo.

Leave about 30%-%40 empty space.
What I mean by empty space: something boring, something uniform, something with the same intensity in light, something that will balance the photo.

As I said there is a lot to read and find out about landscape photography. Hope this short tips will help .

Good luck

Most reactions

New Topics

Back