Tips for shooting a wedding in snowy conditions? :)

Btw... I just took out a cold Dr. pepper from the fridge. I noticed no condensation.

Since this is going to be a dead thread, I had a question about a setting on the Mark iii. I am still trying to get all of my settings figured out. In the menu option select AF area select mode, I just have the third, fourth, and fifth options checked off.
Does that sound right? I have read that the spot focusing is more for macro.(the first one)

I have no idea.. I dont have a mark III yet. My money is going to go toward 24-70 II :). I was going to go with 5D3 but changed my mind.

Btw... I just took out a cold Dr. pepper from the fridge. I noticed no condensation.

Since this is going to be a dead thread, I had a question about a setting on the Mark iii. I am still trying to get all of my settings figured out. In the menu option select AF area select mode, I just have the third, fourth, and fifth options checked off.
Does that sound right? I have read that the spot focusing is more for macro.(the first one)

This is completely up to you. Watch Canon's tutorial videos here: Canon EOS 5D Mark III: On-Camera Tutorials - YouTube

Specifically watch the first two. This just determines which focus modes will be available to cycle through when you press the AF then M-Fn button. E.g. if you have two favorite modes then you could switch the other modes off (except for the 2nd mode... you cant turn that mode off.)

Don't forget your battery life will be severely reduced in cold weather make sure you have spares. The other thing to keep in mind will be the metering. I'd suggest overexpose by at least 1/3 of a stop. As there is so much white your camera is going to try and balance it and thus be dark and muddy. You don't want that. I'd definitely also shoot in RAW to give you greater flexibility with editing.

This is completely up to you. Watch Canon's tutorial videos here: Canon EOS 5D Mark III: On-Camera Tutorials - YouTube

Specifically watch the first two. This just determines which focus modes will be available to cycle through when you press the AF then M-Fn button. E.g. if you have two favorite modes then you could switch the other modes off (except for the 2nd mode... you cant turn that mode off.)

Thank you.

Wear gloves and a hat

Most reactions

New Topics

Back