Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
6563895653_4dd946727e_b.jpg

C
& C are whole heartedly welcome....:)

Last edited:
Welcome to TPF.

This is an interesting subject and a very colourful scene. I think that the letters/numbers on the gauge being so tilted make it a bit difficult for the eye to focus on it right away (which I assume is your goal). The intelligently placed hoses entering the frame from the left-hand side do guide the eye towards the subject, yet their yellow colour is so bright that they kind of become too dominant... so the eye might or might not make it all the way to the gauge. Even if it does, like I said the gauge is tilted maybe too much so your eye might find it difficult to stay there. To complicate things a bit more, the bright-yellow hoses exit the frame right below the gauge, guiding your eye right out of the scene.

What I would do if this image was mine: I'd try to darken the hoses, and all the background in general as well (the whitish vertical pole and the sky behind the tree in particular). An alternative would be a B&W conversion, which would completely erase the dominance of the yellow (and the background turquoise to a lesser extent), and then some careful dodging and burning.

Just my two cents, you don't need to agree :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back