To all of you Adoramapix users..I have a question.

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am about to order in some photos. I am printing them 8x12. My question is, how am I to decide what to print them on..what type paper I mean? I have printed the same photo on all four types of paper they offer (minus silk and B&W. Silk doesnt come in my size.) and I think I like their plain lustre paper and the metallic. I know the metallic wouldnt go so well with every shot, so I will not be printing them all on that.

So, basically, for my photos, what characteristics should I look for in a photo that would look good metallic vs. Lustre? Or even matte. I just dont like the glossy.

Oh, and by the way, the photos will be put in a portfolio.

Thanks for any and all help given.
Mark

I use MPIX and have used both the metallic finish and the regular finish. In general, I prefer the regular finish, but certain images really pop with the metal. Its sort of hard to for me to predict.

Metallic is even glossier than glossy.

Lustre is about half way between matte and glossy.

So as far a sheen on a print, from least to most: matte, lustre coated, glossy, glossy lustre coated, metallic, lustre coated metallic.

Lustre is actually a sprayed on coating. It not only gives more sheen it also has a UV blocker and protects a print from fingerprints.

Note: Metallic prints really should be lustre coated, and you have to be very careful handeling them because they are easily bent.

Most reactions

Back