To all smokers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Artemis said:
Someone earlier mentioned that an addiction doesn't have to be an everyday thing...that it could just happen once a month. My response is - do you consider a person who has a drink of alcohol once a month an alcoholic, a person who eats fast food once a month an over eater, someone who has sex once a month a sex addict, etc... ya get the picture.

If whenever they dont do it this once a month they got "cranky" and upset...as well as depression...then yes I would call it an addiction.

Okay this one brought me back in (ya made me bring the dead horse wopping stick back out...lol). So lets say that I smoke, drink and have sex atleast once a month and I'm still cranky and depressed, what am i addicted to then? I don't think you can attribute monthly "cranky"-ness and depression to a single drink, cig, or shag...well maybe the latter but for estem and not so much as addiction. The chemicals that are injested while using these substances are hardly in the system long enough to make any dependence viable and if there is then they're a recovering smokers or alcoholic or they have a strong addictive personality and get addicted to just about anything- mentally or physically. Inwhich case yer point is moot.

Hey!!!! We all had group hugs!!!! Why are we still argueing!!!!???? Must we now do a massive group hug??? FINE!

:hug: :hug::hug: :hug::hug: :hug::hug: :hug::hug: :hug::hug: :hug:
:hug: :hug::hug: :hug:

core_17 said:
Hey!!!! We all had group hugs!!!! Why are we still argueing!!!!???? Must we now do a massive group hug??? FINE!

:hug: :hug::hug: :hug:

:lol: :lol: okay... mygrain breaks his dead horse wopping stick over his knee and starts to bury the poor mutilated creature(more spooky halloween stuff)...sniff sniff, I luved that horsey. :wink:

I just feel like I have to make this point and I'll be done....

Alcohol doesn't mess with the brain in anyway chemically (in other words its just a psychological addiction) whereas the nicotine in cigarettes and other tobacco products creates a phsysological addiction (in other words the brain become chemically dependent on the substance, and if it doesn't get it, it starts to react to not having it, hence the depression, crankiness, etc)

SO there is a difference between being addicted to alcohol and being addicted to tobacco....

And I'm done beating the dead horse.... YAY :hug:

Dead horse flops around...maybe it's not dead!?!! :shock:

ZOMBIE HORSES!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

smokers rule!!! JUST JOKING!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

OKAY I"LL STOP IF EVERYONE ELSE DOES!! :salute: :lmao: :lmao:

<<< Drinks a 6 pack and smokes half a pack of cigarettes while contemplating his TPF addiction :scratch: Hmmm, eh whatever :roll:

Hmm, I don't care about smokes (gives me a bad headache), I came to hug :p
sweety.gif
:hug:

I wanna make another point...but feel im goin to get more and more hated soo...

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :love: :green to: :goodvibe:

I'm in... BIG HUG :)

Wow your all gonna hate me for this (bringing a dead post back to life, especially since I see you have made peace amongst yourselves)) but I got here late and I think that’s a valid reason to open healing wounds. :playball:

This is just my opinion but for the people telling me their sick of my second hand smoke doing them harm well like you I am sick of all your pollution from your cars, trucks, motorbikes and airplanes giving me cancer among many other health related deaths, and not to mention wrecking my ozone for me and my children yes your second hand exhaust harms my kids as well as yours (and even that goofy lookin one next door :drool2: )
True people need transportation, but do you need to drive 2 blocks to the corner store? Do you need to fly to Jamaica for a vacation, when you could sightsee in your own area? I myself don’t own a car, not that I cant afford one (between mine and my girlfriends mountain bikes we could afford a really nice car if we wanted) but more so because I don’t need one, I live in a small town and can bike from one side to the other in about 20 mins, so why drive at all? :scratch:
It has also became a way of life in the sense of entertainment, I was once asked if I would “NOT CHANGE” anything in my way of life if I was to become a multimillionaire, and my answer was this “You, me a pack of smokes, a couple of coffees and some good conversation, that’s what life is all about” and it’s true, no matter how rich or how poor I am this is and will always be my favorite pastime.
And lastly don’t tell me smoking does no good at all because in most countries including mine the government is raking in billions of tax dollars that go towards better education, medical care, and even aid to other counties in need, (screaming in the voice of Frank Costanza from Seinfeld) That’s right I smoke so that a small child in a far away country may not starve!
:soapbox:

Now on a completely unrelated topic, here is the newest photo in my collection. :twisted:

And lastly don’t tell me smoking does no good at all because in most countries including mine the government is raking in billions of tax dollars that go towards better education, medical care, and even aid to other counties in need, (screaming in the voice of Frank Costanza from Seinfeld)
Got any figures? I'm curios, now you've raised the point, of how much a country gets through tobacco tax and how much they have to spend cleaning up the fag buts and medical care for people affected by cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back