To Facebook or Not to Facebook, That is the Question.

Thanks for your opinions/advice. But I think I'm going to just stay off Facebook. My life has been better without it honestly.

But here's a Google Trends chart, I'd say Facebook is on a slight decline anyways.

facebook.PNG

Thanks for your opinions/advice. But I think I'm going to just stay off Facebook. My life has been better without it honestly.

But here's a Google Trends chart, I'd say Facebook is on a slight decline anyways.

View attachment 117013
That's interesting because it correlates to Google's attempt at making their Social Media more relevant vs FB
versus the ever increasing Facebook revenue which shows improvement year over year in all categories.

plus people don't search for facebook anymore. They have the App or search in FB itself.
and companies are using the internal FB searching mechanics to drive advertising to the FB demographics.
who needs to google Facebook anymore from outside Facebook?

That's interesting because it correlates to Google's attempt at making their Social Media more relevant vs FB
versus the ever increasing Facebook revenue which shows improvement year over year in all categories.

plus people don't search for facebook anymore. They have the App or search in FB itself.
and companies are using the internal FB searching mechanics to drive advertising to the FB demographics.
who needs to google Facebook anymore from outside Facebook?

True, didn't think about that.

If it serves a purpose for you or your business then do it. If it doesn't then don't. :D

To Facebook, or not to Facebook--that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous friends
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them. To post, to sleep--
No more--and by a sleep to say we end
The heartaches, and the thousands of wall posting
That flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To unfriend, to sleep--
To sleep--perchance to have a real life: ay, there's the rub,
For in that real life what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this online coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes calamity of social media life.
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
Th' oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely
The pangs of despised posts, the law's delay,
The insolence of anonymity, and the spurns
That patient merit of th' unworthy followers,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? Who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after Facebook,
The undiscovered site, from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprise of great pitch and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry
And lose the name of action. -- Soft you now,
The fair followers! -- Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins live on forever on Facebook.

Last edited:
I've unfollowed people that are over-posting, or posting links way too frequently.

Facebook has become a great way for me to share photos of my family with my family and friends who are out of state. It really is a great platform to keep in touch with people. Some, as you've realized, really aren't your closest of friends.

Unfollow? Wheres your commitment.
I hold Facebook survivor at least 3 times a year. This is where I go through all my "friends" on Facebook. All those that shared that stupid thing without checking facts, posted religious/political rants/posted every waking minute or just generally P'd me off get deleted.
Then I post "If you can read this you have made to the next round of Facebook Survivor!"

I've been doing this for years. Some times I get people messaging me (sometimes angrily) because they were wondering when I'd be doing my next one only to realize that we weren't friends any more and had been previously cut. lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back