To the Left | Tonight's Adventure | Newport, RI

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spent this evening photographing another cloudless sunset over here in Newport, RI. It was beautiful, but not that grandiose beautiful I keep hoping for. Nonetheless I enjoyed photographing in/on/around these rocks--they were quite a challenge, as they are much flatter than the rocks over in Jamestown. Being flatter and sitting lower in the water (as the sun set at the peak of high tide) meant I was never really sure if I was going to get swamped or not.

To the Left by f_one_eight, on Flickr

This was taken shortly before the sunset. The sunset was so simple and such that I'm not sure if I'll even bother sharing those images.

Thoughts on this one?

Cheers!
Jake

^
Yes, something of a different feel to this. When Noah emerged from the Ark and saw nothing but the rain receding.. Or a sailor wondering is the world flat?
Ok, am still on my morning coffee..
Nice

Neat, something rather other worldly about this.

Thanks! The black and white conversion really brought that out [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neat, something rather other worldly about this.
Yeah, it looks like it could be a surface to Saturn's Titan moon or something like that. Pretty kewl.

Pretty cool man, I think you nailed the shutter speed.

Thanks Austin. I've been trying hard lately to use shutter speed to my advantage--8 months ago I would have shot this with a big stopper and ruined the vibe of it. I love how moderately short (between 1/10th and 1sec) shutter speed can convey so much movement.

Jake

Pretty cool man, I think you nailed the shutter speed.

Thanks Austin. I've been trying hard lately to use shutter speed to my advantage--8 months ago I would have shot this with a big stopper and ruined the vibe of it. I love how moderately short (between 1/10th and 1sec) shutter speed can convey so much movement.

Jake
We're on exactly the same page. More often I find myself leaving the Big Stopper off, and just using a grad. Half a second has become a favorite shutter speed of mine.

I've done that too. Some thread last year someone mentioned that water fountains can look like blobs and the keep the shutter faster so you get more water action.

I've done that too. Some thread last year someone mentioned that water fountains can look like blobs and the keep the shutter faster so you get more water action.

Yeah medium shutter speeds are where it's at [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back