To The Mentors...

magkelly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not going to apply as yet because I don't think I am back at a health level where I can be really ready be serious about my photography again, but I just wanted to say to you all how much I really appreciate that there are people here willing to be that for less experienced people. I had to leave classes and my best teacher/mentor to date when I got very ill and I really do miss that, being able to work one on one with someone more experienced. It's a priceless and beautiful thing having a really good mentor in your life, particularly when you can't afford a really expensive school.

What you are doing is just, well, awesome.

:)

As the person who helped to start the mentor scheme let my say many thanks for your compilments magkelly :) I am sure that the mentors who take part (and who notice this thread) will only be too glad to receive such praise for their efforts and time spent.

i'm not part of the mentor scheme (not even sure I ever heard of it) but I try and mentor members that I think have potential. And I have to say I am not too surprised Overread is part of that scheme. :thumbup:

What caught my attention about your post is the fact that you are having health problems. Don't let that stop you from shooting some photos if at all possible. Once upon a time I was part of a group that sent/delivered disposable cameras to hospitals. It was a way we had thought of to keep the patients' minds away (or at least somewhat away) from their medical problems.

I remember some pretty amazing photos coming out of that project. I also remember that most of us involved didn't know how to deal with the emotions. I have no idea what happened to this project because I left it pretty quickly but it was a great idea and if there's anyway for you to keep taking photos, please do.

As one of the original mentors who had to step away but has recently returned to the fold, I would like to personally encourage others to join in. There is no involvement requirement. You only do what you are able to do, help in any way you wish. Just be up front with potential 'students' so they know what to expect form you.

If we were to have greater numbers then perhaps we could improve the quality of photography out there, even if in such a miniscule portion. I know that we all 'mentor' to an extent, but I would definitely like to see our ranks swell.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back