Today's catch

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I visited with my folks today and took advantage of a new garden full of different plants and flowers, which attract a whole different batch of bugs. Still working with the new rig. Each time I use it I figure out the nuances more and more. My favorites follow. (I also seem to be incapable of limiting myself to the requisite 5 images in a post...)

1. I believe it's a May Fly, though a little late in the season for them.

6. Nom Nom Nom!

9. No bugs, just pretty! :icon_biggrin:

Nice shots, that new rig of yours looks to be paying off.

May flies are very distinctive, with their tails bodies and upright wings so I doubt you've mis-identifed it. It does look to me like a mayfly too from what I can see of it. I saw a big heathy olive dun which was perched on a bank machine at the weekend

Mayfly Genus Callibaetis (Speckled Duns) hatch & pictures

Nice shots, that new rig of yours looks to be paying off.

May flies are very distinctive, with their tails bodies and upright wings so I doubt you've mis-identifed it. It does look to me like a mayfly too from what I can see of it. I saw a big heathy olive dun which was perched on a bank machine at the weekend

Mayfly Genus Callibaetis (Speckled Duns) hatch & pictures
Thanks! It certainly is paying off. I'm glad I didn't have to invest lots of money is more lighting gear to get a specialized rig for macro work. I'm actually thinking of making another identical rig and seeing if people want to wear test it for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back