Today's Day Moon

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been pretty obsessed with day moons lately. Today the moon was out at a great time for the sky to be well lit behind it. I feel like it makes for a very different viewing experience when it's out during daylight.

D500, 200-500 f/5.6 @ f/7.1, 500mm, 1/500 sec, ISO 100, hand held

Nice; I've been meaning to do a 'day moon' forever; still haven't managed to get around to it.

Cracking detail and shot of the moon.

I've been pretty obsessed with day moons lately. Today the moon was out at a great time for the sky to be well lit behind it. I feel like it makes for a very different viewing experience when it's out during daylight.

Nice shot, and good to know it's not just me then!

I'm quite fond of seeing the moon during the day in shots, but it can be quite small in landscapes. Maybe I'll need to do a composite one day!

Very nice. I'm a fan of day moons as well.

Some really nice detail, Great shot.

I saw the moon the other day after work while we were running errands and by the time we got home I totally forgot. I'm pretty sure I won't remember tonight either dangit!

Nice; I've been meaning to do a 'day moon' forever; still haven't managed to get around to it.
There's no time like the present! Every time my wife sees me run in and grab my long lens she shakes her head and asks, "is the moon out again?"....

Cracking detail and shot of the moon.
Thanks!

Nice shot, and good to know it's not just me then!

I'm quite fond of seeing the moon during the day in shots, but it can be quite small in landscapes. Maybe I'll need to do a composite one day!
I haven't figured out how to incorporate it into a landscape yet, but I'm thinking a telephoto landscape with good compression will be the way to go.

very nice
Thank you!

Very nice Moon shot...........
Ha, thanks!

Very nice. I'm a fan of day moons as well.
Thanks! There's something really fascinating to me about day moons I think because it's typically associated with the night.

Some really nice detail, Great shot.

I saw the moon the other day after work while we were running errands and by the time we got home I totally forgot. I'm pretty sure I won't remember tonight either dangit!
Haha, that's a common problem.. and thank you!

Tanner, I did finally get out there and get another shot. The detail in mine looks soft next to yours but I'm learning and will eventually get there. :biggrin-new:

Waxing Gibbous 91% Moon-1 by Jeff Goff, on Flickr
Looks good! I've found that near full moons, whether at night or during the day, tend to show less detail because the light is much flatter.

Looks good! I've found that near full moons, whether at night or during the day, tend to show less detail because the light is much flatter.

That's good to know, maybe if I had gotten out there when I originally intended to....:topsy_turvy:

Most reactions

Back