Today's morning sky

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I know, this is just another sky. Boring, boring.
But we don't get too many "dramatic skies" where I am. So when this morning looked "promising" in the sense of "dramatic" or "colourful" or so, I couldn't but take out the digital camera that isn't even mine (it belongs to the swim club and I may only hold it so someone is around to take photos at swim meets for the paper or so), and take photos from the upstairs window facing east in a point and shoot manner. So nothing about these is artistic in any way, neither the location nor the manner in which I took these pictures, only the sky is.

Which of the four (normal angle horizontal, upright, wide angle, sky only with nothing in the foreground) do you like best?

Normal angle (horizontal):
Morgenrte11004_3_neu.jpg

Normal angle (upright):
Morgenrte11004_1_neu.jpg

Wide angle:
Morgenrte11004_2_neu.jpg

Sky only (tele function):
Morgenrte11004_4_neu.jpg

They don't look good on my monitor.... :( Not crisp and the colour gradients in blocks and rings... :evil: Hmph.... this is disappointing.

Aaargh, I know: I'm having major problems with photobucket right now..... Trying to solve them like MAD which helps LITTLE.......

They're up now. But still too large, and still disappointingly blurred and uncrisp. This is not what I had hoped I'd be able to show you... :cry:

well, they do look dramatic anyways, nice capture!

I quite like that last one. The clouds make a cool texture. Maybe a bit of a bump in the saturation to bring on the colors but great job !!

Jadin, I'd quite agree here. I, too, liked the wide angle most in the end.
The photo-presentation does not work to their best ... I think I ought to make them even smaller. Plus I haven't done anything to them in Photoshop or any similar programme (so far), they're straight out of the camera.

I am wondering about the "sky-only" version, which I thought I might want to try out for the effect of it.
I think I should put that through some picture editor and see whether I can make the cloud structures come out more...
I was wondering if I could make something "abstract" out of the sky as it was yesterday morning...

I really like the colors and patterns in that last one of the sky only.

I changed the photo size, therefore there are only red x's left in my first post. Here are smaller and slightly photoshopped versions of the pics. The question remains the same... Plus I might add a couple more taken THIS morning (four days later).

Morgenrte11004_3_klein.jpg

Morgenrte11004_2_klein.jpg

Morgenrte11004_4_klein.jpg

Today:
Morgenhimmel41004_2_klein.jpg

Morgenhimmel41004_3_klein.jpg

hey, la Foto!
its a really great sky!
all we have here is gray, gray gray and more gray....nice shots!

Most reactions

Back