Todays Photos

Mia331

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I took a little time and took some pictures of my cat. I don't have much in the immiediate area to explore with but I want to try and take photos a few times a week. The lighting is all natural through a nearby window.

Any suggestions on what I could have done to make these photos better?

Aug 16 2011 026 by Mia331!, on Flickr

Aug 16 2011 019 by Mia331!, on Flickr

Aug 16 2011 018 by Mia331!, on Flickr

Aug 16 2011 016 by Mia331!, on Flickr

Last edited:
Have you noticed that your images aren't posting? You will get more feedback if the pictures actually show up because many people here will not click on all of your links. It looks like your image tags are lowercase... use uppercase letters and it should work.

Have you noticed that your images aren't posting? You will get more feedback if the pictures actually show up because many people here will not click on all of your links. It looks like your image tags are lowercase... use uppercase letters and it should work.

I have been having a problem trying to get the images to appear in the post...I keep getting the links?

Your link for the image to show must end in .jpg I have no clue how shutterfly works to tell you how to get the link.

That makes more sense... Bitter is right. Hmmm... I just spent about 20 minutes on shutterfly trying to figure out how to get your images here. My advice: get a photobucket account, upload your photos there, and we will be able to help you get them posted here.

That makes more sense... Bitter is right. Hmmm... I just spent about 20 minutes on shutterfly trying to figure out how to get your images here. My advice: get a photobucket account, upload your photos there, and we will be able to help you get them posted here.

Thank you so much for your help! I thought I could get it through sutterfly but guess not... I created a flickr account and was able to find the codes I needed. :)

Awesome! Ok so here's what I think:

1) Good composition using the rule of thirds and giving the cat looking space. It would be great composition if you didn't chop off the paw and tops of the ears. The image is underexposed as well.

Just noticed you cut off the ears in all your images... don't do it!

2) Cute... but I wish that the blurry paw were cut off instead of the space where he is looking. The paw is so OOF that it brings nothing to the table. The photo seems to end abruptly at the top... always giving some space in the direction your subject is looking in.

3) Again the OOF paw is just an eye sore. Kitty could have used some fill light on the right side of his face... the shadow on the right eye is distracting and takes away from the image. Try aluminum foil if you don't have a reflector.

4) All the same issues as above (aside from the paw). I think this is the best image in this batch. I love the spots on his nose! Cute kitty.

Keep on shooting!

BeKahAura, you live in Putnam County? thats crazy, i used to live in Mahopac. (sorry for the off topic)

Awesome! Ok so here's what I think:

1) Good composition using the rule of thirds and giving the cat looking space. It would be great composition if you didn't chop off the paw and tops of the ears. The image is underexposed as well.

Just noticed you cut off the ears in all your images... don't do it!

2) Cute... but I wish that the blurry paw were cut off instead of the space where he is looking. The paw is so OOF that it brings nothing to the table. The photo seems to end abruptly at the top... always giving some space in the direction your subject is looking in.

3) Again the OOF paw is just an eye sore. Kitty could have used some fill light on the right side of his face... the shadow on the right eye is distracting and takes away from the image. Try aluminum foil if you don't have a reflector.

4) All the same issues as above (aside from the paw). I think this is the best image in this batch. I love the spots on his nose! Cute kitty.

Keep on shooting!

Thank you for the CC!

BeKahAura, you live in Putnam County? thats crazy, i used to live in Mahopac. (sorry for the off topic)

It is a small world you know! I used to work in Mahopac... on Baldwin Place Rd. Where do you live now? I'm not familiar with Anytown :p.

There's another guy on here who lives not to far from here.

Mia: You're very welcome =)

I used to live right near baldwin! Haha. I live in South Carolina now for about 3 years. It's pretty different than NY haha but different doesn't always mean bad, so it's been quite the transition.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Most reactions

Back