Todays shoot, contrast

Leo4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today I shot these 2. The brunette has alot of modeling expirence and the blonde is fairly new but I think we got a several good shots. Once again photobucket ruins the images. I really need a better hosting site if anyone has a suggestion. Go easy on the C&C please

The models
PA180737.jpg

Alittle fun
PA180611.jpg

PA180589.jpg

PA180636.jpg

PA180704.jpg

And the contrast
PA180687.jpg

Album here
Oct-19-2019 pictures by rangeroverman - Photobucket

Last edited:
lots to C&C individually, but many have technical flaws.
look at where youre cutting models hands feet legs arms etc.

a reflector would have been nice for all.

#5 background is distracting and takes away from the feel of the image.

the pose is not flattering for the girl laying down in #5.

not a big fan of the crop on #10.

watch for tilted horizons too

Why go easy on the CC? Dont you want to improve?

Honestly, not many of these that I like. The main thing that irks me in all of them is the lack of any interesting composition. You put the two models smack in the middle of the frame in pretty much each image. Lots of empty space around them. Cut down on the empty space and zoom in on your models. The lying down frame is not pleasing to the model.

The light in these is pretty bad, specially in the first and fifth image where you dont see the one's model face too well. The shadows are too intense for me.

You said the hosting site softens the image, this was something else I was going to touch on. Try using FLICKR for hosting the images.

Honestly, not many of these that I like. The main thing that irks me in all of them is the lack of any interesting composition. You put the two models smack in the middle of the frame in pretty much each image. Lots of empty space around them. Cut down on the empty space and zoom in on your models. The lying down frame is not pleasing to the model.

The light in these is pretty bad, specially in the first and fifth image where you dont see the one's model face too well. The shadows are too intense for me.

You said the hosting site softens the image, this was something else I was going to touch on. Try using FLICKR for hosting the images.

One person says theres to much composition, another to much model, another the light is bad, another light is to much. Thats why I dont really want C&C everyone likes something different. I dont mean to be a dick, thank you for taking the time to look over the pictures, I do plan on working on the light some next shoot I do. Ive been working on a couple things Ive picked up so far like the hands. Im doing this for fun and I do it completly for free for the models, including free prints because its what I enjoy not my intended career path. I really just post these for people to check out, its a gallery right??

My main question on this was a good hosting site. Flikr has a limit thats really unrealistic and no embedding. Im going to just upgrade to pro and see if I get embedding I guess.

Last edited:
ok then.

If all you wanted was a hosting site, you could of asked the question and received answers :)

models need more light, very flat images, need a different composition, for IMO all of the photos, make the subject known and get closer with tighter crops.

WOW Touchy!

You posted them so.... It is not what people like of dislike. It is the fact that your lighting is not good in these shots. The composition is not much better. That is Fact. Good luck and you need to take people trying to help you as just that. Not insults.

i think we did "go easy" on the C&C. if you wanted NO c&c, perhaps be a little more specific.
and yeah, i dont think the C&C you got was strictly opinion. you showed us technically mediocre images, and people pointed out what could be improved, not "i dont like that color bathing suit".

oh well, sry.
try flickr as others have said. ive had success there.

all these need fill light.

and high heels on a beach seems a little out of place to me..

CC is a great way to grow as a photographer. We all see things differently and have different artistic tastes. What I love about CC is having people tell me what they would do differently or what they did not like in an image. I can then take that and process it and see if I can (or want to) change up what I am doing.

Its not black and white in CC, its perceptions and interpretations that you need to take in. They are not attacks on you, but sometimes, things can be harsh. Take it and run with it as you wish.

Just a side note about CC, it's not meant to hurt a persons feelings, or to be mean about. It's something you asked from other people, fellow photographers, to make your work better. It's their advice and their opinions, you may or may not agree and that's fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Keep in mind when you ask for CC, it can be good or bad and take their word as you wish. Just because someone says oh, you could have used this or that etc etc the list can go on and on, doesn't mean the next person will agree, or even YOU have to agree. It's their advice their opinion, do with it what you want. CC overall makes you a stronger person.

One person says theres to much composition, another to much model, another the light is bad, another light is to much. Thats why I dont really want C&C everyone likes something different. I dont mean to be a dick, thank you for taking the time to look over the pictures, I do plan on working on the light some next shoot I do. Ive been working on a couple things Ive picked up so far like the hands. Im doing this for fun and I do it completly for free for the models, including free prints because its what I enjoy not my intended career path. I really just post these for people to check out, its a gallery right??

My main question on this was a good hosting site. Flikr has a limit thats really unrealistic and no embedding. Im going to just upgrade to pro and see if I get embedding I guess.

im the same way, i just do this as a hobby, but at the same time i want to be good at it, whats the point of having a hobby if you dont work at becoming better at it. the best thing you can do is ask for criticism. sure there are some things that people will have opinions on. but at the same time when 5 people all tell you that the pose of the girl laying down doesnt work out. then chances are good thats probalby true. and if your doing it for the models then you should want to work at portraying them the best that they can possibly be.

Most reactions

Back