Today's trip to the forest.

Artoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
7 guys from one of the Polish photography forums made a little road trip today. Not only was it fun, but we also got some pretty cool views to shoot. :)

2Sleza2small.jpg

1Sleza1small.jpg

Two very lovely photos.
Two photos that tell me I MUST - at last - overcome my creative slump I feel I am in (despite my two visits to the Christmas markets in both Bremen and Hamburg, mind) and go out again ... if only I had some other people to take me along and help me get back to taking photos ... These two show me so clearly that even today, in this bleak and grey weather there are things there that are worth being seen and looked at, admired and framed to point them out! I LOVE that single farm amongst all the bare trees in the fog. I LOVE it!!!!

(And it is NOT only because of its COLOUR!!!)

I really like both these shots. The balance in the second one really works well for me...Lovely images.

very nicely done - great atmosphere with that mist/fog

Very nice, great atmosphere. The figure in the first shot for some reason makes me see this shot as a book cover or something like that...dunno why, just has that feel.

I absolutely LOVE the second one. Was there any PS work done on this one? And if so.. what exactly did you do?

Thanks for the kind words all :)

@Parago: yes, the photos (.raw files to be exact) were edited in Adobe Camera Raw.

Mostly, I experimented with the general saturation level, as well as with the individual saturation levels for each RGB channel. Also, a lot of the look is achieved by editing the white balance. In the case of the first photo by pushing it towards the colder level, and in the case of the second, towards the warmer tones. :)

The look isn't that much off from the real scene, but it has been somewhat altered.

Wonderful shots. The first shot is very mysterious, I love it. The second shot, the colors are warm and inviting. The trees go on forever and the fog adds a nice mystic.

Most reactions

Back