Toddler portrait tips?

Stacylouwho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any tips? I have my first shoot with a toddler girl. Just want some help changing it up a bit. I have looked on pinterest and google at poses, but I just really want to make this one stand out. I have a few props for her.. some flowers, bubbles, pinwheel and chalk board of course. I am thinking of bringing a blanket, what color would be best appropriate for outdoor portraits? If you have any other tips or ideas for poses you could share, would be greatly appreciated?!

Not a photography tip, but have emergency snacks in case mom forgets. Food appeases the grumpy toddler.

Any tips? I have my first shoot with a toddler girl. Just want some help changing it up a bit. I have looked on pinterest and google at poses, but I just really want to make this one stand out. I have a few props for her.. some flowers, bubbles, pinwheel and chalk board of course. I am thinking of bringing a blanket, what color would be best appropriate for outdoor portraits? If you have any other tips or ideas for poses you could share, would be greatly appreciated?!

Poses - on a toddler?
Are you planning on use anesthetic darts?

Obviously I am not going to be able to pose her specifically the way I want her, but looking for tips for posing really. I am hoping to have a few things to keep her attention and was looking for tips from ya'll!

There is a child posing webinar on CreativeLive.com on Wed, Thurs and Friday if this week. They usually replay each day during the night if you can't watch it live. You can also buy the webinar afterward.

My biggest advice for toddlers is find something for them do/sit/stand/climb on. You could bring something, or find something in your environment. I prefer finding different things. "hey, can you sit on that rock over there? It looks like the perfect little seat for you?" "Can you climb that fence, smell that flower, find a pretty rock and show me?". Etc. Good luck!

Thanks guys this will be helpful! ;)

Any cute toy, or like Squirrels said, food! Like a giant lollipop to keep them occupied.

In terms of camera settings, I've found BBF and AI servo to be a benefit when photographing my daughter.

Most reactions

Back