Tokin 16-50 f2.8

i have the tokina 11-16 and i REALLY like it,

i use it mostly for landscape.

our friend ken made a review.
Tokina 11-16mm

I would like to see where you come up with the idea that the Tokina is optically inferior. I have not personally seen that. As a matter of fact, everything I have read about it is positive.

Personally, I think that Tokina is less well known just because of a lack of advertisement and market share. Unless you have some sort of proof it's like saying the only reason Pentax is not as well known is because they are inferior and so people don't use them.

Correct.

Speaking of Pentax... As far as I know, the Tokina lens shares it's elements and I think more, with the Pentax DA* 16-50/2.8, which I have and has excellent optics across the board. Haven't heard anything about the Tokina, but I would expect the performance to carry over.

That being said, there have been a fair bit of rumors and speculation aboutthose two lenses lately. They oth sem to be in short supply and hard to find, and some think the Tokina was discontinued, while most Pentaxians seem to think that they are getting ready to roll out a Ver. II model. Some think it's Pentaxgetting ready to launch an FF line, but even if that were so, it wouldn't make any sense for them to d/c their one of their best aps-c zooms, since much of their user base would still be in that format.

im another with the tamron 17-50. i purchased it before the VC version came out, but its a non-issue at these focal lengths. my tele (70-200 2.8), however, i made sure i got the IS version due to what/where i shoot.

as far as the tamron though, it's a bloody awesome lens. cant say enough good things about it.

Lots of Tamron users, both here and other photography blogs. I was trying to see if I can find a pic taken at both 16 and 17. I know it won't be a huge difference, but just for comparing reasons.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back