What's new

Tokina 11-16 vs. Nikon 10-24

StuckInParadise

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 6, 2011
Messages
31
Reaction score
1
Location
Waianae, Hawaii
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally getting an ultrawide for my d3100. :)

I know these two lenses have been discussed a million times before, but I'm seriously torn in my decision.:confused:
I have a Nikon d3100, so the Tokina won't AF for me. But I hear the optics are better, built is more durable/smooth, etc. I have a 18-55mm so the extra range isn't important to me. Landscapes/outdoors will be the primary focus for me.

I have read ken rockwell's comparisons, among others, but I would love to hear from you guys...
How important is it to have the auto-focus? Is it worth settling for the worse optics/build and slower speed?
 
Tokina. It's optically one of the best ultra wides, if not the best.
 
Never used one myself but it's faster and from what I've heard (from Nikon Authorized Sales) it's just as good, if not better optically. The Tokina, that is ;)
 
Tokina all the way! I've said these exact words,probably 15x this week alone:

It's the best DX UWA on the market in terms of IQ, distortion, and build quality. It has a SLIGHT CA problem, but is the best in all other aspects, including aperture. It's a masterpiece.

Mark
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom