Tonight's 95% Moon

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My sister-in-law asked for a photo of the moon on her birthday (today), so how could I say no? This was a two panel mosaic.
Celestron 8" EdgeHD
Nikon D500
1920 x 1080 videos, 600 frames each Stacked in AutoStakkert! and processed in Photoshop
Noise reduction and sharpening with Topaz Labs DeNoise AI software

2021-02-25_10-53-39.jpg

Not bad at all. I'm sure she's very pleased.

Nice shot and process. you found a nice balance between the light and dark to bring out the details but keep the harsh light at bay.

1920 x 1080 videos, 600 frames each Stacked in AutoStakkert! and processed in Photoshop

idk what that even means!!! so you took 600 shots for this??!! Wow! What is the video for?

I don't know anything about it either but I suspect he got the 600 frames from the video.

Thanks everyone! I haven't checked back in a while, obviously, haha.

idk what that even means!!! so you took 600 shots for this??!! Wow! What is the video for?
It's a technique for creating an image out of video frames. I use a software that tethers to the camera and captures video through the cameras video recording. You specify the number of video frames to capture. The camera records at 30fps, so it takes a 20 second video.

The software then extracts each frame and overlays them. It's a method of canceling out atmospheric distortion. I took two videos, one for each half of the moon, created to images from them, and stitched them together in a mosaic.

You can find tons of videos on Autostakkert! on YouTube for a better explanation of how the process works.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back