kahulani

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Oklahoma...wishing I lived back on the West Coast
Website
www.mangohillphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm wondering if this is too blurry for most people's tastes. When it's not blurred, it just seems too cluttered and you can see every flaw in this old building. I think the blur gives it a softer touch, but I'm worried it's too distracting and headache inducing. Any comments/suggestions? Thanks!

4170253812_e9b033513f_b.jpg

Makes me dizzy... like when you get to that point where you know you've had too much to drink.

Make it go away!

Makes me dizzy too.

I think if you wanted to go the same way, just do it as a normal blur rather than like that.

I'm not sure what to say, I think it's a bit to much for my tastes but the biggest problem I have with it is that window. It's sucking my eyes into it like some kind
of vortex. I would recommended that you get to know your lenses a little better in terms of Depth of field.

Funny. Why shoot in the old building if you didn't want it to look like you were shooting in an old building? It would seem like the details of the building would add a certain character that some people might want. I am with the majority that doesn't care for the effect of the blur. You could try a slight vignette either to the photo with the blur, or without the blur. If you darkened the blur, it might have a less dizzying/headache-inducing effect.

its not just blurry but a matter of making me dizzy.

May be ok with a tighter crop. Better if she were not directly facing the camera, I imagine.
I kind of like the effect, I would like it more if the in focus part encompassed all of the couples body parts, also darken the outer frame so the couple is the lightest part of the photo, so they draw your attention.

Hi kahulani,

I'm guessing this is a photoshop effect and not a lens-baby. The effect is too jarring.

Moe has a good point. Why choose an environment if not embracing it but I would be tempted to play with DOF to see if creating some nice bokeh would be better. There is a difference between soft and blurry.

But, since the shoot is done, I guess it's all academic now.

Cheers!

your wife is great looking and your ripped. nice tattoo... you guys make a cute couple

having said that, I now suffer from Rapid Eye Movement and will not sleep tonight.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back