Too ETish?

Rekd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
amusingscribe.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did this a couple nights ago. I tried different moon sizes and didn't really lilke any of them except the bigger ones, but making it too big made it too unrealistic. Not that it's super realistic now.

Thoughts? (On the concept in general AND the PP.) I'm still going to do a little more work on the spokes, may even make all new ones.

5037388375_64113f3b71_z.jpg

That photo made me giggle like a little kid. Don't know what that says from a technical standpoint but I was entertained. It definitely gives it a larger than life feel.

I kind of giggled too, but like it in a weird sort of way. I was thinking last night; I should get a shot of a bike in the same position as ET was in the promo and do that.

It's a good idea...sort of campy..and fun too! ET-ish, yeah,sort of... Nice work man.

It's a good idea...sort of campy..and fun too! ET-ish, yeah,sort of... Nice work man.

I'm trying it with the moon about 45% of this size. Looks much more realistic, but I've got a LOT of work to do on the spokes! ;)

Yeah...the spokes look like they'd be a beee-atch to select!!! Maybe some software like Knock-Out would be the way to go,since it is designed to do that kind of stuff,quickly and easily. I bet riders would really,really like to see these types of shots of themselves. I kind of like that big, huge moon. What I like most about this sized moon and rider is how the rider's feet overlap on the left, and the bike is also about the right size to overlap the moon's edge; the overlapping of the legs on the left REALLY gives a 3-dimensional depth clue...if the bike's front tire were overlapping the edge of the moon, that would add even more 3-d emphasis. EDIT: Oh, a thought just hit me: maybe BLUR the spokes and tires a bit??? MIght be easier to do that, thus giving a motion blur effect AND lessening the need for killer-realism on the spokes and knobby tires....just a thought.

Yeah...the spokes look like they'd be a beee-atch to select!!! Maybe some software like Knock-Out would be the way to go,since it is designed to do that kind of stuff,quickly and easily. I bet riders would really,really like to see these types of shots of themselves. I kind of like that big, huge moon. What I like most about this sized moon and rider is how the rider's feet overlap on the left, and the bike is also about the right size to overlap the moon's edge; the overlapping of the legs on the left REALLY gives a 3-dimensional depth clue...if the bike's front tire were overlapping the edge of the moon, that would add even more 3-d emphasis. EDIT: Oh, a thought just hit me: maybe BLUR the spokes and tires a bit??? MIght be easier to do that, thus giving a motion blur effect AND lessening the need for killer-realism on the spokes and knobby tires....just a thought.
+1. i agree... blend/blur out the tires and spokes? look a little more like it belongs ( even though it doesnt haha )
Cool pic though!

Efff yeah!!! Man, the blurred wheels really "sell it".

Efff yeah!!! Man, the blurred wheels really "sell it".

Yeah, they do. Excellent idea. Thanks.

I know who the rider is, too, (Takayuki Higashino, from Japan) I've talked to him at a couple of events. Might have to get this printed and take it to the next event for an autograph. :lol:

Most reactions

Back