Too late for a Car Wash ?

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Love these places in the middle of the night.

20040125-IMG_0262.jpg

20040125-IMG_0263.jpg

Yeah car washes are great spots for night shoots. I took some pics of my car at one that had blue neon lighting everywhere that came out ok.

You might want to take advantage of the darkness of these scenes to play around with adding a bit of your own lighting to see how stuff comes out. In the 2nd one, I like the green of the sodium-vapor light. Maybe if you were able to get a flash just right to light the roof of the structure slightly, it might be interesting.

You might want to take advantage of the darkness of these scenes to play around with adding a bit of your own lighting to see how stuff comes out. In the 2nd one, I like the green of the sodium-vapor light. Maybe if you were able to get a flash just right to light the roof of the structure slightly, it might be interesting.

Thanks, I used to think about doing that, but adding lights to street scenes is just not my thing. It leads to colored gels and then its all downhill from there LOL. That works very well for some people but I really like the natural contrast.

I thought about adding fill light here and there to help my little sensor with the lighting ratios at night, but its nearly impossible to make it look real unless you do a Gregg Crewdson setup which takes city permits and thousands of dollars in manpower and many many 20 foot flags and traps,

If I run across something thats really tempting I have got great results from blending 2 exposures together, I should do it more often, painting in the hotspots at a lower level, and then painting in a little more detail to the shadows , this is probably the closest thing Ill ever do to adding lights.

Most reactions

Back