Too much?

domromer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lately I have been doing a lot of work in PS. I'm not sure if it looks good or very fake I'm also having trouble with unsharp mask. It seems my results always seem to look over sharpened or not sharp at all. I'm posting a before and after here. Would you guys let me know what you think was done right or what could have been done differently/better

Shot at 2007-08-21

If the fist picture is the AFTER, then you've done a good job. The second image is certainly nothing special, but you've brought out the detail with more saturated colours, better contrast and sharper. The only bit that might be overdone is the clouds which are have slightly more blown highlights in the first image.

Mike

One of the buttons I've been getting into using in cs2 lately is the 'fade -edit-'

I'll perform the edit, click ok, then 'edit' and 'fade'

You've lost some parts but added much more and given it depth.

The first one is the one that has been edited. I had trouble posting them. I haven't seen that fade edit command. I assume it only works with layers right?

The first one is the one that has been edited. I had trouble posting them. I haven't seen that fade edit command. I assume it only works with layers right?

In cs2 it works after an edit. For instance, USM. After you click 'ok', click edit (between file and image) on the top bar, you'll see an option that says fade sharpen. Likewise for curves, saturation, whatnot and etc... Try it. It blew me away when I first saw it.

I think it's a little too sharp. What settings did you use on usm?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back