Too Processed?

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Playing around with different effects and processing. Ignore the background.

$fem4.jpg

Hair detail appears plugged up. It's difficult to ignore that very light background.

To processed or something... it just looks "Off"! Post the original? Whats with her collar? Looks like it is reversed?

Original:

$fem2.jpg

Collar?

Yea.. her collar (cloth, around her neck) is lighter with a more diffuse black than the rest of the shirt /dress.. makes it look like it is the backside of the material. Maybe not..

looks the the material is semi transparent and the collar was folded over on itself to give less transparency.

$fem5.jpg

Less intense.

Duplicated layer > BW > overlay at 66% > Merge > High pass filter > invert > Overlay > Gaussain Blur > Mask > Merge

Duplicated layer > BW > overlay at 66% > Merge > High pass filter > invert > Overlay > Gaussain Blur > Mask > Merge

I have GOT to learn PS. :hail:

Yea.. her collar (cloth, around her neck) is lighter with a more diffuse black than the rest of the shirt /dress.. makes it look like it is the backside of the material. Maybe not..

looks the the material is semi transparent and the collar was folded over on itself to give less transparency.

View attachment 48705

Less intense.

Too bright on the face.. to contrasty, IMO!

What do you think of this? ( I overdid the eyes, didn't i?). The black bra looks a bit odd under that too...

$fem2vvvw.jpg

Last edited:
A darker background would suit this.

What do you think of this? ( I overdid the eyes, didn't i?). The black bra looks a bit odd under that too...

I like it but it wasn't the look I was going for. I wanted a more contrasty fashiony look.

I like it but it wasn't the look I was going for. I wanted a more contrasty fashiony look.

Gotcha...

Runnah, I see what you are saying but after looking at the others, that first edit looks a little grey to me (skin tone).

Runnah, I see what you are saying but after looking at the others, that first edit looks a little grey to me (skin tone).

Did you full size it?

Most reactions

Back