What's new

Toogood Pond Park - C&C please

BrentC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 8, 2017
Messages
3,576
Reaction score
2,336
Location
Brampton, Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ah, that is the sort of shot I keep thinking would make a good picture ... been many times on a boardwalk like that ... but the picture never seems to turn out the way I saw it.
 
All 3 of these suffer from bad timing. A softer morning or late afternoon light would make a world of difference in the first two as well as maybe a lower perspective. The last one I think with the sky lacking any interesting colors or clouds, I would crop it to focus on the water and reflections - not sure if this is a crop but the trees on the left have the tops cut off in the reflection. Landscape photos taken from average height can be a bit boring.

Definitely worth a repeat visit early morning!
 
All 3 of these suffer from bad timing. A softer morning or late afternoon light would make a world of difference in the first two as well as maybe a lower perspective. The last one I think with the sky lacking any interesting colors or clouds, I would crop it to focus on the water and reflections - not sure if this is a crop but the trees on the left have the tops cut off in the reflection. Landscape photos taken from average height can be a bit boring.

Definitely worth a repeat visit early morning!

Yes I think you nailed it. It was taken close to noon. The wife and I actually got there around 6:30am but at the time I was more into getting the birds and insects. Every time we went over the Boardwalk I kept telling myself I need to take some shots but didn't want to change the lens. Bad mistake. Next time I'll make it a priority for early morning shots. And I also noticed the bland sky and lack of clouds.

Thanks for the comments.
 
Ah, that is the sort of shot I keep thinking would make a good picture ... been many times on a boardwalk like that ... but the picture never seems to turn out the way I saw it.

Yeah it definitely looked like it would be a great shot until I saw them at home.
 
All 3 of these suffer from bad timing. A softer morning or late afternoon light would make a world of difference in the first two as well as maybe a lower perspective. The last one I think with the sky lacking any interesting colors or clouds, I would crop it to focus on the water and reflections - not sure if this is a crop but the trees on the left have the tops cut off in the reflection. Landscape photos taken from average height can be a bit boring.

Definitely worth a repeat visit early morning!

Yes I think you nailed it. It was taken close to noon. The wife and I actually got there around 6:30am but at the time I was more into getting the birds and insects. Every time we went over the Boardwalk I kept telling myself I need to take some shots but didn't want to change the lens. Bad mistake. Next time I'll make it a priority for early morning shots. And I also noticed the bland sky and lack of clouds.

Thanks for the comments.

I've been beaten by my own unwillingness to change lenses more times than I can count. It really is so easy to do but I always hesitate, especially when on the move. I've tried to perfect the change as quickly and efficiently as possible for those times when I'm outdoors with no where to rest my stuff and I've gotten better at it but still I don't change lenses as often as I should/could for best results.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom