Took my camera out skating.

You need to work on composition. These are snap-shotty.
#2 and 3 look over-exposed.

I like the first one. I have to agree with dxqcanada on the other two. The skater and obstacles make the subject tall, which makes the photo awkward. Try rotating your camera and shoot portrait style and fill the frame with the skater and obstacle. Can't wait to see more.

Good advice, i agree on the subject looking too tall. I did take a few portrait but I prefer the tricks in the others

I like the tricks too. Also, I looked at the Exif for this one, You could het away with bumping up the shutterspeed some and you'll get back the detail from the blown out parts. I gotta say boardsliding a trash can is pretty stellar. LOL.

Haha, we keep it ghetto.
And I couldn't bump up the shutter because I had flash on and it only allows me to go to 200 :p

Do you have any flash you can trigger off camera? Or a tripod and remote shutter release?

I only have built in flash right now, still debating whether to get a remote flash :/ I do have tripod and remote shutter though.

I only have built in flash right now, still debating whether to get a remote flash :/ I do have tripod and remote shutter though.

Large reflector? Try going to a local furniture warehouse or store and ask if the have any of the big Styrofoam boards left over from packaging. Find an area with less distracting or more interesting background. Setup your rail, garbage can or whatever you plan to Ollie or grind. Next, setup your camera and ripod and get the composition you want. Use the "reflector" to ad some fill to where the skater will be doing his thing(maybe right in the middle of the garbage can). Pre-focus on the can or rail(maybe right in the middle of the garbage can/rail). Set camera to release shutter with remote and have fun!

Did the flash even reach him? I would've ditched the flash and upped the ss.

Did the flash even reach him? I would've ditched the flash and upped the ss.

I don't think he was using flash. I was just asking if he had one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back