Took my homemade travel trailer out this past weekend...

Vtec44

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.jamestangphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We got a nice little campsite right by the lake...
IMG_0285.JPG

I also tried my hand at making short videos... :D

You cant beat getting away from it all. I'm just back from a few days away in our Motorhome. Sun, sky, water and the majestic Scottish countryside. Not unlike what you show there. Love it!!

Lake Hemet is not fed by the Salton Sea is it? Nice shot and video. =]

Just out of interest what type of power (assuming you have any fitted) do you use? Our Motorhome has both gas and 240v hook up electric as standard. We mainly use the electric and I bought a generator for 'off grid' travel. The gas gets used sometimes but we don't use it for heating, water or shower etc.

Just out of interest what type of power (assuming you have any fitted) do you use? Our Motorhome has both gas and 240v hook up electric as standard. We mainly use the electric and I bought a generator for 'off grid' travel. The gas gets used sometimes but we don't use it for heating, water or shower etc.

It's primarily solar. I have 300w total in solar panels charging a 100ah lithium battery. The entire trailer is wired for 12v with 12v and USB plugs. I do have a 1500w inverter in case we need to use AC appliances. I also have a Honda EU2000 generator as a backup. We use propane for cooking and heating. There's also a tankless hot water system. I ran pipes underneath so we can hook up a shower hose to any of the corners if we want to just take hot showers outside.

It's primarily solar. I have 300w total in solar panels charging a 100ah lithium battery. The entire trailer is wired for 12v with 12v and USB plugs. I do have a 1500w inverter in case we need to use AC appliances. I also have a Honda EU2000 generator as a backup. We use propane for cooking and heating. There's also a tankless hot water system. I ran pipes underneath so we can hook up a shower hose to any of the corners if we want to just take hot showers outside.

Thanks. That sounds and excellent set up.

I should have said all our lights are 12v LED's which run off the leisure battery, which is in turn is charged either by the mains hook-up, generator or engine when the thing is being driven.

I don't have any solar but should really consider something.

You must be chuffed with your results. It looks quite unique too and I know you're gonna have a ball touring and camping in it. Well done.

Photos are nice!

Are you in the Inland Empire? near Redlands?

Salton Sea is a fascinating place indeed. And a portable home works well...

cool! Tour of the inside?

Your mobile cabin is mighty nice once you're at the lake. How's the aerodynamics at high speed? Does the corrugated roof hold together well?
Is that your drone aerial video?

Beautiful spot, I’m sure it was a great time, awesome job on the trailer.

Thanks. That sounds and excellent set up.

I should have said all our lights are 12v LED's which run off the leisure battery, which is in turn is charged either by the mains hook-up, generator or engine when the thing is being driven.

I don't have any solar but should really consider something.

You must be chuffed with your results. It looks quite unique too and I know you're gonna have a ball touring and camping in it. Well done.

Yeah you should consider solar. That way there's one less thing to worry about once you're off grid or in an emergency. The trailer is not 100% but I'm happy with it. I do get a lot of people stopping by to ask question and check it out. Yes, it's not something you see everyday that a cabin is rolling down a highway. :D

Photos are nice!

Are you in the Inland Empire? near Redlands?

Salton Sea is a fascinating place indeed. And a portable home works well...

My office is in Big Bear but I live in Rancho Cucamonga. So yes, I'm pretty close to Relands.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back