Took my new reflector for a walk...

linpelk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...with my daughter. I had a friend with me, but she did a crappy job holding the reflector so most of the time I had to try to hold it with one hand or foot while shooting pictures...you get the idea :)

Any c & c would be appreciated. Also, I put the pictures from my card on my new (huge, 24 inch ) monitor and uploaded onto flickr, but now I'm looking at them on my laptop and they look flat/greyish. I'm wondering how the colors look to you.

Thanks so much!

3408764468_2a69e1ba7f_b.jpg

seems a little out of focus and perhaps overexposed? the colors aren't very vibrant either. thats my take hope it helps!

The colors look a bit washed out to me.

She is adorable!!

It doesn't look like this on my big monitor. Maybe something happened between Photoshop and Flickr. I am going to try again later. The original isn't in the least bit "hazy" like this one appears. Thanks for your input.

I like the idea of the shot, but I agree with the monitor calibration comment. I would make sure the new monitor is properly calibrated, but also remember that the lighting in the room with your computer can have an effect on how the colors appear on the screen.
I experience this when I first got my double 22" lcds, pretty easy to fix!

I remember reading past posts on calibrating so I will try to go back and find some links, but in the meantime, can you tell me what kind of lighting I should be working in when on my computer? I have the monitor in my bedroom and I'm only able to work on my pictures at night after my kids are in bed and the lighting in there is REALLY bad. Do you think the angle I'm looking at my monitor might make a difference too since I had to push it kind of at an angle to avoid the reflection of the room light? I will try to experiment a bit again tonight to see if that's some of the problem.

Thanks again for all of your input.

I remember reading past posts on calibrating so I will try to go back and find some links, but in the meantime, can you tell me what kind of lighting I should be working in when on my computer?
You want the light in the room to have as little impact as possible. You don't want it completely dark, just enough to see by.
I have the monitor in my bedroom and I'm only able to work on my pictures at night after my kids are in bed and the lighting in there is REALLY bad.
But it impacts the image on your monitor very little which makes it actually more desirable.
Do you think the angle I'm looking at my monitor might make a difference too since I had to push it kind of at an angle to avoid the reflection of the room light? I will try to experiment a bit again tonight to see if that's some of the problem.
It's possible. If you're using a LCD it will have optimum viewing angles...horizontally and vertically.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back