Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
finally committing to buying my first tripod, and getting the one that John(@tirediron ) suggested in another thread a few months back: the vanguard alta pro 263AT. I figured I might as well invest in a good head now that I'm spending all my money behind this.
You folks are well aware of my work, so I was hoping someone could point me towards the right direction:
Which one do you guys think I need?
SBH100(ballhead) or the GH100(pistol grip)

I don't mind hearing what you guys think about the tripod, and any other suggestions are welcome as well! :)

Last edited:
I guess everyone's as clueless as I am about these! I better just go ahead with the SBH100 :lol:

Oh great, now he knows who to blame if it doesn't work! :(

FWIW, I would have gone with the ball-head too; pistol-grips are fine if you need to move around a lot, but for your work, I think the straight ball-head will be much better. Since you seem to live in the only country on the planet with a postal system that might be worse than the Canadian one, when do you think it will arrive?

I have the SBH100, and enjoy it. Not a huge fan of the idea of a pistol grip--it might make movements a bit easier, but I feel like it's awkward and bulky when compared to a ball head.

Jake

Oh great, now he knows who to blame if it doesn't work! :(
Well, of course! My technique is flawless after all! :lol:
Since you seem to live in the only country on the planet with a postal system that might be worse than the Canadian one, when do you think it will arrive?
:allteeth: It's actually so true, that most of us don't use the postal services at all and prefer to use the private courier services which are much more reliable. In fact, I don't remember anyone I know who has been to the post office in the past few years (other than me :345:).. The e-merchants take care of the delivery by themselves, so I should have it by tuesday or wednesday at most.. :1219:

I have the SBH100, and enjoy it. Not a huge fan of the idea of a pistol grip--it might make movements a bit easier, but I feel like it's awkward and bulky when compared to a ball head.

Jake
Thanks Jake..Great to know that someone as good as you also uses the same, I'm glad I didn't get the pistol grip. :)

You should be really happy with the SBH100 Raj. And if you find the need for a monopod later you can contact them and get just the SBH100 clamp to use as a quick connect on the monopod. They sent me one for $25, compared to most clamps it is a really good deal. The SBH100 uses a proprietary clamp and plate so you would be able to use the same plate for both.

...if you find the need for a monopod later you can contact them and get just the SBH100 clamp to use as a quick connect on the monopod...
Wow, thanks Bill; I certainly didn't know that and it makes me feel that much better about the purchase :)
Do you use the monopod enough to justify the investment?

I use my monopod more than my tripod. It is just so easy to grab and go and depending on where you are going it makes a good club too lol

I have this monopod, it handles a a D4s with Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 Sport easily.

ABEO AM-364 - Vanguard Tripods - By Type - Monopod

I had called them with more than a few questions and I came away with a real good feeling about this company.

wow, that's nice to know.. I think it'd suit my zoo photography much better than the tripod would...

Most reactions

Back