Toothpicks

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was grabbing a toothpick and I saw this. Thought it would make for an interesting photo. I coulden't decide between color and b&w so I'll share both!

Nikon D610 + 16-35 f/4 VR at 35mm, 1/60th, f/5.6 and ISO 500

Erwin-170629-11772.jpg

Erwin-170629-11772-2.jpg

At first I said "whoa, that bw is amazing" then I saw the color.

Then I looked at both several times. It's the same image but each has its own personality that makes it unique.

Essentially, I'm a big fan of both.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

At first I said "whoa, that bw is amazing" then I saw the color.

Then I looked at both several times. It's the same image but each has its own personality that makes it unique.

Essential, I'm a big fan of both.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

That's why I had to share both! I coulden't decide haha.

I like the B&W, I just might adjust the contrast some. I think the absence of color makes the pattern more noticeable. I learned in B&W film/darkroom developing to adjust for a 'black' black and a 'white' white somewhere in the photo. Look at that darkest toothpick near the top, and those near the bottom and the tip tops of some of the toothpicks.

Great seeing an interesting photo with good use of pattern. I might have tried being in just a bit closer with slightly less background.

I like the B&W, I just might adjust the contrast some. I think the absence of color makes the pattern more noticeable. I learned in B&W film/darkroom developing to adjust for a 'black' black and a 'white' white somewhere in the photo. Look at that darkest toothpick near the top, and those near the bottom and the tip tops of some of the toothpicks.

Great seeing an interesting photo with good use of pattern. I might have tried being in just a bit closer with slightly less background.

Well my 16-35 can only focus so close.

I'm really stuck between color & monochrome. I shared them on my FB and everyone likes the color one better but then again, they aren't photographers either.

Best that I can do. I kind of like it actually. I mean...it's cropped in A LOT. Haha. But it's usable I suppose.

Erwin-170629-11772.jpg

Well, that might have gotten a little too tight and a little too shady/dark. nm... lol

What do people on social media know?? lol

The color is good but the B&W is better. I'd go to a square crop and use a custom adjustment brush in LR if you have it to boost the contrast and clarity on just the tootpicks a little. Nice catch on this.

Nice photos, Nerwin. I like both of the originals, the B&W and the full-color image.

Great images. I like both but colour version a bit better. Just a tiny, tiny nitpick, it would have been great if the camera was centred perfectly. Like I said a tiny nitpick.

Great images. I like both but colour version a bit better. Just a tiny, tiny nitpick, it would have been great if the camera was centred perfectly. Like I said a tiny nitpick.

Well I'm not that perfect. I tried to center it the best I could to my eyes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back