Mid Coast Maine Lighthouses

awesome ... only what I do not like is that I am used to click on photos and they go in pop-up floating window to fullscreen but not with these flicker previews and they also don't fit to browser window so technically this could be somehow improved on this forum because basically I am unable to see the photos on *this* forum as I would like ...

If you put photos in galery here, you can click on that and it works and you can use an left/right arrows on your keyboard to switch between them but this is unfortunately not a case here .. of course, this is not your problem Peg ... I only regret that I cannot enjoy your photos better because of technical reasons ...
I could post them as attachments but I prefer to post the photo from Flickr. The portrait mode photos can sometimes appear too large of browsing on a pc but for phone or iPad it is usually ok. Are you saying you prefer to see them like this?

04F2B5B8-1DAF-473B-98D4-52C73FFDAD6F.jpeg

I could post them as attachments but I prefer to post the photo from Flickr. The portrait mode photos can sometimes appear too large of browsing on a pc but for phone or iPad it is usually ok. Are you saying you prefer to see them like this?

View attachment 246557

yes and no :) ...

yes part is that I am used always to click on them and they go fullscreen within the browser page - that's exactly what I do and what I want ..

no part is that on the web page, they are somewhat smaller than it could be, they should automatically fit to browser dimensions

but after all, it's ofc not your problem Peg ... I am only saying that I'd love to enjoy your photos (and photos of other people who post here via flicker at least) in more spectacular way and technical aspect just spoils that

It must be your browser, I don’t have any issue viewing images people post from flicker at full screen.

It must be your browser, I don’t have any issue viewing images people post from flicker at full screen.

Ok, I am attaching few screenshots

1) first one is how portrait format picture is displayed in here - it's not optimal, I'd expect the it should generate a thumbnail that will auto-fit to browser page dimensions

2) second and third is what happens after clicking on it - it redirects (opens new tab) on flicker and you can see images there - I really want to see images here, and processed here sourced from flicker

3) fourth is something what I would like to see with all images .. if you click on that, it will go in front in pop-up floating window to fullscreen within the browser and automatically darkening a background page and I can even use arrows on keyboard to switch between images from page - however also this screenshot is from gallery here, normally it behaves like this .. eg you can click on image and it goes in front in floating window)

again, it's not your problem Peg ... I am only thinking loud because you post very nice pictures and it frustrates me that I cannot to see them in the way which I would like

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210724_000040.png
    Screenshot_20210724_000040.png
    927.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20210724_000118.png
    Screenshot_20210724_000118.png
    645.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20210724_000147.png
    Screenshot_20210724_000147.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20210724_000254.png
    Screenshot_20210724_000254.png
    596.2 KB · Views: 44
Awesome Set!!! :)

That's a gorgeous set! I really like... them all! I like the cropping and composition in #2, with the reflection in the puddle.

Most reactions

Back