Top 3?

Turn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone— this is an engagement shoot that i did recently, I was hoping to get everyones opinion on which are the top 3 best of the series. Also, if there is something that looks like crap, i'd love to hear that too. This couple actually decided to have a family member shoot their wedding after getting these back. Talk about a kick in the nether region.

I'd normally post these in the forum itself but since their gallery is still up on my site, i'll just link:

http://turncreatives.com/pmm

C&C welcome, encouraged.

i also gave them some wardrobe suggestions, but they still showed up in wrinkled jeans, t-shirts and hoodies. <shrug> I can only do so much :)

I like #5, 13,19
I would not criticize the wardrobe. That seems to be their style. I would never suggest clothing for a shoot unless it was newborn or maternity were if they wear anything tight it will make red lines. That is kinda like telling a bride what kind of dress to wear. I think you did a good job! Did they not look at the camera on purpose??

I like #5, 13,19
I would not criticize the wardrobe. That seems to be their style. I would never suggest clothing for a shoot unless it was newborn or maternity were if they wear anything tight it will make red lines. That is kinda like telling a bride what kind of dress to wear. I think you did a good job! Did they not look at the camera on purpose??

I didn't suggest what to wear—more how to prepare for your shoot. I suggest things like: iron your clothes (sorry, but wrinkled clothes is not a style) and not to try a brand new hairstyle the day of, or new make up technique- These things only end up in a couple going- oh see, "i totally hate my hair/makeup/wrinkled jeans..." I want to capture people as themselves the best i can.

This couple was very timid and even more intimidated by my 70-200, so i asked them to pretend i wasn't there. When people don't feel comfortable I always tell my grooms to think back to when they were first dating, back when he was trying really hard to make a good impression on her. Or make her laugh or whatever it was that landed the two together in the early days. i tell him to flirt with her, to tell her something funny, and to pretend that i'm not there (except for all the directing i'm doing :lol:). I don't get as many "looking at the camera" shots, but i do get more natural looking shots overall. <shrugs> I never said i was any good at this;)

oh, I also make every single couple dance. Doesn't matter who they are or how much they protest or tell me they can't dance. I make 'em. Totally breaks the ice and gets them laughing and normally turns out to make a good photo or two.

I think it's a good series over all! My favs are: 5, 7 and 19. I also like 1, 2 and 10.

I think you did a great job! If they don't want to use you - then that's their loss! :)

On a side note, don't you hate those Transition lenses? I can't STAND those! :lmao:

I think you did a great job! If they don't want to use you - then that's their loss! :)

On a side note, don't you hate those Transition lenses? I can't STAND those! :lmao:

Thanks for saying that. I really appreciate it. Yeah transition lenses...BAH!

Nice series.
9, 10, & 13

Thank you!

Most reactions

Back