Toronto Auto Show

oldmacman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mcavoyphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few from TO as I attended the auto show today with my class. I found shooting anything interesting very challenging because they put glass and rails in front of the most interesting cars and there are always people around. My two favourite pics are from waiting for the bus. C&C welcome. I have sold my 5D Mark II, so these are shot with my 40D.

ahzygt

9tmlgv

tm0mdj

fi0c1u

some pretty cool shots you got there, love the BMW and wish you would have had a side view of the Lamborghini.

some pretty cool shots you got there, love the BMW and wish you would have had a side view of the Lamborghini.

Thanks. I guess you mean the blue Lamborghini, because the orange one is pretty close to a profile. With the older models, they had them so close together that a head on shot was the only way to get the pic.

@Frequency - thanks for the feedback. It was a lot of fun and I wish I had found the exotic cars sooner. I was still shooting when I should have been on the bus.

Shot #3 is nice. I simply love the reflection. Nicely seen.

Awesome shots. What building is that in #3? Im heading down to the show on Thursday, cant wait. hope its better then Detroit was this year

Awesome shots. What building is that in #3? Im heading down to the show on Thursday, cant wait. hope its better then Detroit was this year

Thanks Derrel and 5lippy. The building is the CBC building right across the street from the convention centre. I just lucked out with the time of day. We were waiting on the curb for our bus and saw the CN Tower reflected in the glass of the CBC building. Interesting, because as tall as the tower is, it is difficult to see from street level.

This was wy first ever time to the Autoshow, so I don't have anything to compare it to.I really enjoyed the experience. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, but it certainly is an exercise in exposure and control. Each section has different lighting and different challenges to shoot around. There are a few interesting cars that weren't worth shooting because of the barriers around them.

I'd like to see your favourite shots after you go. Enjoy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back