toshiba sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i have never had so much trouble with a laptop in my life! Aubrey can attest to most of my issues...i'd post this over in the computer support forum, but i'm too embarassed. i'm having power problems. now the freakin thing doesn't recognize the adapter. the light on the unit comes on, but the battery icon won't go away. i'm down to half a battery. not enough time to get everything off of it...pics, etc. help, i'm melting..................ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i never had a problem with Compaq tops. everyone said but the Toshiba.

stay away from this garbage...........it sucks!

you know when you kinda get upset and kinda slam something....well, i kinda did that and the icon went away. i wish i could pinpoint this issue.

thanks Eric.

I think your laptop was spun from threads extracted from brimstone...

It sounds like your battery contacts are dirty to me. Have you tried plugging the computer in without the battery in and see if it comes on at all?

hobbes28 said:
I think your laptop was spun from threads extracted from brimstone...

It sounds like your battery contacts are dirty to me. Have you tried plugging the computer in without the battery in and see if it comes on at all?

starts and shuts down within a few seconds (without battery)

take an eraser to the battery contacts to clean them up. Move the power plug to the computer around a bit, see if it makes contact (had one where it had to be violently pushed down to make a good contact once). Worst case the power port part on the computer might have loosened from the motherboard. That would not be good and I have seen this happen often.

Have you tried it out with another power lead? Maybe it's faulty.

I know mine bugger up after a couple of years sometimes, coz I treat them so badly.

hehe, funny you should say you've always had trouble with toshiba. It's the only computer that's ever constantly worked for me. I love my toshi.
My mum actually just bought a toshiba tablet laptop... you know where you can swivel the screen round and write directly on it. It's awesome.

Pour beer over it. :thumbup:

Hey, it worked for PlasticSpanner.

Yup, clean the contacts where it plugs in and/or try another power cord to see if that works. It really could be the power supply disconnected from the motherboard which someone could fix for relatively cheaply.

Hey Jon...I have a Toshiba too, and after a few months my battery was draining like yours. I called the company and they shipped me another battery adapter, but it still wasn't working right, and the battery was draining so fast it was crazy, I called them again and I had to insist that I knew what was wrong with it b/c they wanted to ship me another adapter, I sent it in and the connect between the adapter and computer was messed up, supposedly it happens all the time with laptops not just Toshiba, since then I haven't had a problem...if it's under warranty, ship it off it you can bear to be without it ;)

well does it really suk?:S i mean toshiba laptops?
coz i just got a 17" toshiba gamers machine.. hell its an awesome piece.. but will it suck? :mrgreen: :( :lol: ok i dont know how to react :p

Don't worry Mansi. Toshibas are good. They'll last you a fair while, but if you can buy the extended warranty - coz you'll need it. Laptops usually start to die after a couple of years (about 3) from my experience. And my family has gone through a lot of laptops over the past decade.

Laptops are disposable in my opinion. After three years they are so outdated I can't even use them. But then again I push them to their limits. And I always make the company I work for buy it for me so it is much easier to buy a new laptop every two to thee years. ;)

Call support, sounds like a new power supply is the next step.

tmpadmin said:
Laptops are disposable in my opinion. After three years they are so outdated I can't even use them. But then again I push them to their limits. And I always make the company I work for buy it for me so it is much easier to buy a new laptop every two to thee years. ;)

Call support, sounds like a new power supply is the next step.

i took it to best buy. the power cord tested fine. toshiba tech support said the port has probably come loose from the motherboard. hopefully, i can find a local service tech.

im still not sure though. when i plug the power unit in, leaving the computer unpowered, it charges the battery. cut it on and i loose connection. strange creature.

Most reactions

Back