Total newbie lucked out with possibly a good shot. C&C please

SwiftTone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I met my niece for the first time last month, and snapped some(alot) of pictures of her. My favorite is possibly this one. There is no post editing other than resize, the camera is actually set to auto. Its my first time actually handling a SLR(D80) so I think it looks pretty good haha. I saw her running toward me and quickly did a shot from pretty much the hip. My sister and brother in law are in the background.

I just bought my D5000 the other day. I'm totally a beginner hoping to learn alot from the forum

DSC_0867-1original.jpg

not one thing in this picture is in focus

Yeah, it's a shame it's blurry because the scene is nice. Maybe if the girl was in focus (or not blurred from motion) at least..

Keep practicing OP and don't get upset about missing a good shot or two.

This (mainly the title) totally reminds me of that kid who swore he had a lucky shot with that cat. :meh:
Anyways, I think it'd be a cute shot if it was in focus.

I agree... Focus is off... Motion blur... Maybe if you used a faster shutter speed...
I have the same difficulty. My focus, even when using automatic focus, is often off. But as I always tell myself... Practice makes perfect. :) Don't stop shooting.

Other than the focus... I like the picture. :)

Thanks for the comments guys. I realize that the focus is off, but I did kind of like it. It gives the photograph a different feeling. However, I can see its not popular, which is fine.

Just wanted to show off my cuute niece anyways :D

HOLY freakin signature Bus Rider..... :lol: That makes me feel... almost... violated. And I mean... *I* own a canon... but... damn! It takes up half my screen! hahaha...

That just means your screen is too small!!

HOLY freakin signature Bus Rider..... :lol: That makes me feel... almost... violated. And I mean... *I* own a canon... but... damn! It takes up half my screen! hahaha...

:lmao:

That just means your screen is too small!!

No.. she's right. The size of his signature is vulgar and unnecessary.

Thanks for the comments guys. I realize that the focus is off, but I did kind of like it. It gives the photograph a different feeling. However, I can see its not popular, which is fine.

Just wanted to show off my cuute niece anyways :D

I see what you are saying about the different feeling of the photo, and in a way- agree. Not my style, but not my photo either.

Thanks for sharing.

p!nK

Most reactions

Back