Total noob street pics for C&C!

Psycho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got my first DSLR on new years eve. Here are my crappy photos taken walking around the street.

Got a fair few of these photos. So I'll stop at 10

Brutal C&C much appreciated. I would like to learn and improve as much as possible :D

2w4wqz8.jpg

33cyrh3.jpg

wsk1s3.jpg

evb280.jpg

mm2x3l.jpg

2jfao8k.jpg

t8uiia.jpg

2196n0x.jpg

wiu44o.jpg

25oyxbr.jpg

alot of cool photos. id say the biggest thing that stood out to me that need work would be your focus. the blur in the first photo gives a very nice effect but the focus on the rest of them just seems to be a liiiiiittle off the mark. Other than that great pics!!! :) If you would really like to get optimal results and fix the focus, make sure to take your time when taking these. Stop, and think about your shot. Sometimes spontaneity and movement can add a cool effect to your work though. Its all personal opinion.

Thanks, yeah I agree. The subjects always are out of focus. I tended to take quick snap shots without giving time to frame and focus is properly. This is because the moment is really quick or the subject would begin to notice me.

I am currently experimenting using the center to focus and then locking and then recomposing for the shot. But it's a lot to do in the short amount of time in the street with your camera pointed at a stranger. I think I might try to shoot wider generally and crop later in post. But I struggle to see if the subject shot is actually in focus when it's zoomed out.

Very nice shots, nothing like roaming around your city and taking everything in.

... and what you don't know is that in pic 7 the lady in the middle is really dead :pale:

5 would have been perfect if not for the nike cap..
Others are great !

*This is my amateur and unskilled opinion*

I like the little bit of blur in the first on. I get the feeling he's rushing into the cab.

#2 i don't really like that her head is cropped. If i could see her whole head i would like it better.

Other than #9 being really busy i think the rest are great! :thumbup:

I love street photography. The grittier the better. Your first one's fantastic. Nice angle, suits black and white. Nice sense of motion. I also really dig #3, 6 & 9, although the waitress seems not in focus.

Thanks for all the feedback, definitely very encouraging.

@Tokzik: I didn't even notice the nike sign, now that you mention it, it is a bit distracting.

The taxi cab picture was a total fluke, I was passing the cab and someone was getting into it, I quickly whipped the camera and took a sideways shot at it, hence the tilted angle.

@Otahyoni: I don't think there is such a thing as an unskilled opinion :p. #2 was a fluke shot too, I was walking behind that man carrying the girl, and suddenly she turned around to look at something behind me, Surprised, I fired off the camera which was down at my chest at the time and captured that frame (it hasn't been further cropped by me, thats the full frame). I later reviewed the shot, and I quite liked it.

@Lazy Photographer: Yeah, the waitress is quite soft, The sign behind her I think has become the in-focus part. I'm having trouble focusing stuff properly. Many times its because the speed I take the snaps, and other times its because I find it hard to see through the viewfinder if it's in focus or not due to my poor eyesight.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back