Tough Decision

okay now since im sticking with Sony alpha again
i have to choose between a37 or a390 or a450 or a700 (I know that it has CCD sensor but maybe it will take better pics cuz its in a better camer compared to the a37 ?? *just wonderin*)
not to mention that the EVF of the a37 is so bad 800x600 :/
and lcd has horrible resolution aswell

so somebody advise me im losing my mind here ^^

i need camera that takes pro pictures, and im good with technology cuz im a geek :D (Developer) so i will adjust quickly with the camera

Note: I wont be changing the lens soon.
If you guys found any cheap used sony camera for sale plz link me ^^ (anywhere in europe tho)

didnt like canon or nikon starters cameras sorry tyler :/

You want something that has the Live-mos technology. This is where you get a real time display of what the final picture will be like. Only the a37 has this of the cameras you listed. So if you want something better it will require a higher investment. I would recommend something like the a580 if you can find one or an a65 or a77. The a580 still has a ovf with a pentaprism where the other two are evf.

If you wait a few weeks the A58 will be released/announced.

New A38 was to be the same but I think at last minute they pulled it.

Ultimately if both of these are out on 20th or at least announced all previous models should drop in price. May help you get better savings for the entry levels.

I have the A55 and love it, looking to get A78 once released.

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

okay, thanks for the quick replies ^^
but what do you guys suggest because i have a tight budget ^^
for nikon, canon or sony ?
and is it a bad idea to buy a used dslr ? (because i heard some stories about shutter life)

i need a cheap dslr ^^

You won't find a better DSLR on a budget than a Sony Alpha. Way more bang for your buck. Don't listen to tyler, his sole purpose is to come into the Sony subforum and troll all day long.

Do you mean SLTs? I thought Sony had stopped making DSLRs

Sony is still making both SLTs and dSLRs :)

I agree with the DSLR/SLT idea. You open up for many more options. There really aren't any bad cameras out there. I would be looking at the a77 or D7000. Try and get body only and invest in better than a kit lens.

o hey tyler said:
Let me modify my original statement: I would never buy a Sony camera ever again.

If that's what your heart is set on and you REALLY like Sony, go for it. Be prepared to spend more on glass (unless you use only Minolta lenses), and be prepared for the lack of availability of used equipment.

If you go Canon or Nikon, those issues will not exist.

Maybe Nikon, but I wouldn't recommend a canon. Their IQ is bad in comparison to Sony and Nikon. It's a fact. Their Pro cameras don't even have AF light assist lol

If you don't want an SLT and want to stick ti DSLR, go for the Nikon. Don't even consider a Canon

Sony is still making both SLTs and dSLRs :)

No Sony only makes SLTs I believe the a580 was the last reflex mirror camera they made. For some reason they started refering to the SLTs as DSLRs after the a580 was discontinued even though they do not have reflex mirrors.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back