Touring Washington DC

Dominantly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had the chance to walk around the Capitol for a couple days during the height of the cherry blossom period (and festival), and managed to grab a few shots here and there.
I prefer some more than others, and found one of the biggest challenges to be the giant crowds and people pollution in the areas of interest.

1. Capitol Building- Aged it and converted it to B&W as the yellows in the grass, brown in the trees, and gray sky offered nothing to the photo in color.
1246074986_kSHNS-XL.jpg

2. Vietnam Memorial- I have two compositions for this area, the other on the site...

3. National Monument- With Cherry Blossoms and the river in the foreground
1236492261_Cd45o-XL.jpg

4. Jefferson Memorial- Used the Cherry Blossoms to frame it to tie it in to the time of year.
1236502764_BqA73-XL.jpg

Just for fun: Marine One (is Obama onboard?)- I heard this guy coming along and aimed at the clearing to try and snag the shot. Should have burst but it all happened too fast to change settings.
1236492880_JouhM-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking.

A few additional photos can be seen here:
DC - Dominant Photography-- Brandon Fischer

Nice but they usually make their daily runs with Marine One so he was most likely not in there.

2)I love the reflection and the randomness of the petals. I would like to have seen a full name captured in focus as well and the reflection of another flower in the upper right corner out of the frame.

Tsipma- I have a few shots from the wall, with some having the names clearly in view, one is on the site I linked.

I appreciate the feedback Paul.

its only marine one if he's on board. Otherwise it reverts to it's call letters. They travel in packs when the big guy is on board and play a shell game during flight. If there was only 1, he wasn't onboard.

but anyway..... ;-)

nice shots. I really like the Jefferson memorial through the trees. Very cool

Most reactions

Back