Thanks for all the comments!
This is a single shot using a 10 stop ND filter.
D700 | Nikon 85mm f/1.4 D @ F8 | 5 sec |
The concept is the same as shooting water falls with blur except that people, unlike water, move in varying and unpredictable patterns and speed. Finding the right shutter speed for a particular scene can be challenging, as too much time allows for too much blur and reduces the variation between moving and stationary objects. That variation is what makes the shot more interesting (IMO). I think I took about 10 shots from different locations and focal lengths. This is the one I liked the most.
I kind of like my original non-cropped shot, but I agree with Lew that losing the right side provides a singular focal point in the man with the cane. There's more of an impact with that one focal point. It does get rid of the blue sign that kinda bugs me, but I do like having the woman there and kind of miss her in the crop. Something to think about.
Thanks again!